What is the typical costs of tournament team??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2012
What is the typical cost that teams charge as team fees that cover stuff such as equipment, etc? $100?? 200??

We are trying to find a team for my 8U daughter that is somewhere between rec ball and a competitive travel team. Maybe two or three tournaments in the fall and rec + tournaments in the spring? Seems like we can only find teams that are purely one or the other.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
That is us. We charge $50 for equipment and such, then you pay for uniform and your portion of tournament fees for tb. Far far cheaper than most. Rec is another $100.

Jul 26, 2010
Most rec leagues run "B" programs that are basically tournament teams consisting of members from their rec league. This is generally where you want to start, and probably stay until you're done with 10u. I'd check with your local league and go from there.

The cost varies. 100-250 depending on if the uniform is provided or they charge separately for it, and the quality of the uniform

-W

May 17, 2012
You are looking for All-Star or (C level teams). They are comprised of girls from their respective rec leagues and they play in tournaments in the summer (3 to 4 is what we played). Most All-Star tournaments have requirements that you have to had played in your rec league. This keeps the B level teams from playing in these tournaments.

Typical cost is $150 to $250 as you are only paying for uniforms and tournament fees.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
At 8u our local league was $75. That included uniforms. Equipment ( bat, gloves, cleats ) were on your dime. They did suppy basic catchers gear, and I mean basic. The county public works took care of the fields, the town paid all electricity/water. We also had a dozen or so sponsors ranging from Allstate to the corner gas station. Averaged between 400-500 girls, over 7 age groups, of 2 years apart.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We have tb teams at A-B-and C at most age groups. A few other suburbs have to same. We are not rec all stars. My team is Usssa and ASA "A". Honestly, rec league helps fund the travel ball. I know of at least a dozen other organizations like ours. We go all the way to 18u. We play a couple months of rec and are free to play whatever and as many touneys as we want. Typically, not always, our younger teams and C teams play fewer tournaments.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
We have tb teams at A-B-and C at most age groups. A few other suburbs have to same. We are not rec all stars. My team is Usssa and ASA "A". Honestly, rec league helps fund the travel ball. I know of at least a dozen other organizations like ours. We go all the way to 18u. We play a couple months of rec and are free to play whatever and as many touneys as we want. Typically, not always, our younger teams and C teams play fewer tournaments.

What does that mean "U trip and ASA A"? So youre an A class TB, right?

Sorry, here's where I'm confused. You take that A class and play rec for a couple of months, then A class TB in the summer? After 10u that would be a huge talent gap between A and rec around here.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
When DD was younger our town travel team cost about 250-300. That included uniforms and a town summer league played during the week under the lights and one or two tourneys on weekends. After moving to pure TB the fees ranged anywhere from 500-2500. Pick your poison.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
What does that mean "U trip and ASA A"? So youre an A class TB, right?

Sorry, here's where I'm confused. You take that A class and play rec for a couple of months, then A class TB in the summer? After 10u that would be a huge talent gap between A and rec around here.

Yes, we are registered "a" in asa and usssa.

All the girls have to play rec, but not on the same team as they play tb. Every year the rec teams are re picked. I personally think by 10 or 12 we should end rec. The league dd will play in next spring will be girls 12-16 years old(7th-10th grade) usually 5 or 6 teams and each team will have maybe 2 girls that don't play tb. So my 2cents is that the rec is taking up time we could be practicing with the tb teams. The politics go deep. The best benefit I see is that dd will have to hit off 16u/varsity pitchers in rec and still play 12u tb.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
I personally think by 10 or 12 we should end rec. So my 2cents is that the rec is taking up time we could be practicing with the tb teams. The politics go deep.

The last year my DD played rec was her 8th grade year and the age group was 14-18 yo. Two girls on her team had babies. Some were HS ineligible and most were too poor to play TB. This was their season. Not all softball players can or want to be competitive or elite. It only costs $75 and I'm glad they have a place to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1