What is in your DD's Softball Bag....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd won't let me touch her bag, not since she was 11. She would carry all of her regular gear in one bag and her catcher's gear in another. Now she just carries one bag, I am curious now, I might have to sneak into the garage and go through it.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
My DD got to practice the other day and then gave me the "Uh Oh" look saying she didn't have anything to drink . I told her I had put a couple partial water bottles in her bag so she started digging around and found them . Funny thing is that I didn't put anything in her bag , I just knew she had a bunch of stuff jammed down in the bottom of her catchers bag and knew I hadn't seen any of our refillable water bottles go through the washer in several weeks ;)

Mar 29, 2012
DD carries her own bag, I refuse to carry it for her. She uses one of those backpack style bags this year and I do check it before games to be sure she has everything.

Thing about the backpack bags is they don't have a ton of room for extra stuff so in hers she has

2 bats (slide thourgh the outside pockets)
helmet
rip it facemask
her glove
my glove
1 softball
mouthguard
2 pairs of batting gloves
eye black

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Here's my rule. Just like you should never look in a woman's purse, you don't want to look in a SB player's equipment bag. That said, after I moved DD's Tanel Rage off the porch this afternoon (it was getting a much needed airing out), I was surprised to notice only 4 bats rather than the normal 5 that we hide there from my DW. 3 get regular game use, so I'm betting that DD pulled a quick one and slipped my favorite fly ball practice bat back into my non-rolling bag!

May 7, 2012
NC
Just had to look!
3 bats- one hasn't been used in 4 years.
2 left handed fielders mitts
1 right handed mitt - Mine?
2 pr of cleats- one 2 sizes too small
eye black
empty eye black
batting helmet
face mask
extra face mask - don't know if DW bought a new one?
4 balls
1 weighted ball
sliding pad
knee brace
sweatshirt with the emphasis on sweat!
visor
mouthgard- no case yummy!
7 bottles of water in various levels
bag of various band-aids, tape etc.
used ice pack
sunglasses with no lenses
1 lense for above glasses.

Apr 13, 2011
Maine
As her coach I too make my daughter carry her own bag. :) Over time she has learned and her list is short.

- two bats
- two gloves
- two balls
- one pair of batting gloves
- couple hair bands
- cleats

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I mentioned this thread to my dd and she said, well my bag is at school so you can't look inside it. In the garage is her, non school bag. It was empty except for 4 water bottles. 1 full 3 in various stages of empty/fullness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01