What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Props to whoever was catching her during the indoor portion. That doesn’t look like 43ft. He didn’t seem to mind though.

DD’s PC always encouraged her to practice closer to the “target” when working on mechanics/drills. But she wasn’t ever throwing more than 53.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I see that she played at St. John's in Queens. Had a 4.90 era, a WHIP of 1.53 as a freshman. Her bio lists her at 5'6", she looks bigger than that.

Jan 25, 2022
Looks like I would not want to try and catch her. That looks less than 43 ft.
I've seen this video several times. It always pops up when I search for skills videos. I love how he's talking on his phone while catching those speeds with no gear on. I suck way too much at catching to go much past 50 before I'll have a mask and shins on. If a pitch is in the "dirt" I just let it go. That's why we have a bucket of balls.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would look at this, soft front leg/knee. Shoulders passing the hips. On the front leg instead of against it. Arm action straight . I give her kudos for throwing 62. The issues are a glaring compared to a kid, they are there though.

218A03AC-ACA3-43B4-BFFB-16D04BF3414D.gif

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018
Texas
I would look at this, soft front leg/knee. Shoulders passing the hips. On the front leg instead of against it. Arm action straight . I give her kudos for throwing 62. The issues are a glaring compared to a kid, they are there though.

View attachment 27082
About the FSR do you think this is caused by landing without enough stiffness of the lead leg? or is it just that her pitching hand is ahead of the resistance since we see it firm up after the ball is thrown?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
About the FSR do you think this is caused by landing without enough stiffness of the lead leg? or is it just that her pitching hand is ahead of the resistance since we see it firm up after the ball is thrown?

It’s as much attitude as anything. Not trying to throw with FSR. Landing and then throwing right now. It looks sluggish.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors