What do you drive?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Got a 2013 Ford Edge and drove it off the lot to Vegas T-Giving tourney in 2013. Just traded it 3 months ago for a 2015 4Runner. Edge had 50K on it. 4Runner is at 11K now. All because of softball......:cool:

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
Ridgeline as well. Dealership laughed at me when I had to make sure DD E2 catcher bag fit in the under bed storage. Thought I was kidding when I told them if it didn't fit deal was off. Love it, except for mileage....

Also have a new Passat TDI, HUGE Trunk and very nice car. Starting using it more. 48 MPG on average for a full size car.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ridgeline as well. Dealership laughed at me when I had to make sure DD E2 catcher bag fit in the under bed storage. Thought I was kidding when I told them if it didn't fit deal was off. Love it, except for mileage....

Also have a new Passat TDI, HUGE Trunk and very nice car. Starting using it more. 48 MPG on average for a full size car.

I see nothing to laugh at or joke about. This is a serious issue.

:)

Sep 27, 2015
You need a 3/4 ton crew cab. IMO, your tow vehicle (F-150) is undersized to tow a 3 horse trailer and control it in a panic situation.

Sorry about the confussion on that one. My f150 tows our two horse trailer with the ponies in it. When we need the three horse for full sized horses or the four ponies, I have to drive an hour and a half to go borrow my dads truck. Figured having a rig that could tow both, plus fit the softball girls and all their equipment would be best :)

Sep 27, 2015
My sister is a huge VW fan so when we saw one of these the other day, she tried convincing my girls that we needed one. Painted very loudly too lol

My f150 is a 2001 model with a cramped backseat and 215k miles on it, I have put 45k miles on it in 2 years between practices, lessons, clinics, games, etc. It doesn't have a canopy or cover so when it's raining all our stuff has to be in the truck with us. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but she needs to go. Softball dents and all.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Scour the car ads and look for the lost leader. My brother picked up an 15' F150 XL 4x4 Crew cab for 26k. At the dealership when they opened with the ad yelling where is this truck.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I have been driving my 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3 Power Stroke since I bought it new to me in 2009. I have 385,000 miles on it. We travel almost every weekend to play ball or pull the camper some where to escape couple times a year. Get around 19 mph if I keep it tachometer below 2k. Also typical weekend is my daughter, one other team member and I. Never an issue with room, also I have a huge tool box on the back we can put gear bags in if it rains.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Sorry about the confussion on that one. My f150 tows our two horse trailer with the ponies in it. When we need the three horse for full sized horses or the four ponies, I have to drive an hour and a half to go borrow my dads truck. Figured having a rig that could tow both, plus fit the softball girls and all their equipment would be best :)

Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. I get sick and tired of seeing 1/2 ton and below trucks, mini suv's, ...etc trying to tow a load that they shouldn't simply because someone installed a receiver hitch on it and now says it has a "towing package" or towing capacity. People are generally clueless when it comes to towing. I can't count how many times I've seen a uhaul accident on the highway.

People love to quote the GVW and gross towing capacity, but quickly forget (or more likely they never realize) that towing involves control. Who cares if you can drag it straight forward in a perfect situation. Can they panic stop it under control? Can they control the load under a panic lane switch? What happens when the wind starts blowing, trailer begins wagging, or that 16 year old pulls out in front of you in her Honda Civic. Then what?

Stepping off soap box......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877