What do you drive?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2015
Here's my story...I can only afford to insure two vehicles at this time. My husband's car that he uses for work and school (that I honestly hate with a passion...it's like driving a matchbox car) and my f150 supercab.

We drive a lot and I need 4x4 for the winter months. My truck is getting too small for myself and my two girls, let alone all their gear. I need something that can safely tow a camper trailer and a 3 horse trailer but still have enough room for softball gear, coolers, overbight bags plus room dor groceries and my work equipment when we don't have softball.

So what would you recommend?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I drive the Honda Ridgeline but I'm not sure it would handle the 3 horse trailer, 5k towing capacity. It tows my small duck boat with no issues but 3 horses probably weigh more than my boat and trailer. I do like the room inside, the 4 doors and storage under the bed that is big enough to hold DDs catchers bag and some other things.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I drive a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Plenty of room for all of DD's crap (we took the measurements of the catcher's bag car shopping), coolers, chairs and folding wagon. Plus it has lots of leg room for DD and a reclining rear seat. And it gets 24 mph highway which helps with all of the travel costs. It has the tow package so it could probably handle the horse trailer but I doubt the camper since it can only tow 5000 lbs...

May 22, 2015
Illinois
My wife's vehicle is a Suburban. I can't imagine ever downsizing until the kids are moved out lol. We pull a 28' camper short distances with it occasionally.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
You need a 3/4 ton crew cab. IMO, your tow vehicle (F-150) is undersized to tow a 3 horse trailer and control it in a panic situation.

Totally agree. Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Crew or Mega Cab is where I would start. Diesel is an option in this vehicle as well that has its advantages. Add a topper to the back as well to give you more carrying room in the back. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Here's my story...I can only afford to insure two vehicles at this time. My husband's car that he uses for work and school (that I honestly hate with a passion...it's like driving a matchbox car) and my f150 supercab.

We drive a lot and I need 4x4 for the winter months. My truck is getting too small for myself and my two girls, let alone all their gear. I need something that can safely tow a camper trailer and a 3 horse trailer but still have enough room for softball gear, coolers, overbight bags plus room dor groceries and my work equipment when we don't have softball.

So what would you recommend?

Does your F150 supercab have a bed cover? If you can put all of the gear in the bed of the truck there should be plenty of room for 4 adults in the cab.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
The new suburbans are pretty sweet. My parents recently purchased one - almost top of line. I was in awe of driving that sweet ride! LOL! Anyway, I have no recommendations but I'm sure PP and FP will give plenty. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell