What are some of the "unwritten rules" of softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
One I haven't ever seen in FP (at least that I can remember) but was unwritten rule in my youth.

If a runner is on base and a 3rd out is made, a team mate "pick them up" by having their glove/visor/hat ready for them to take the field.

Not sure why this practice has gone the way of the dodo.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
One I haven't ever seen in FP (at least that I can remember) but was unwritten rule in my youth.

If a runner is on base and a 3rd out is made, a team mate "pick them up" by having their glove/visor/hat ready for them to take the field.

Not sure why this practice has gone the way of the dodo.
Often see teams where one of the infielders collects and stacks infields gloves
(outfielder does outfield gloves)
So when they go out on the field teammates on base will have their glove handed to them.

Although with helmets at bat and visors/hats on the field...
Runners comming off the bases may need to husle into the duggout for a moment for a change of other gear.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Unwritten rules how about....
Arguing with the umpire can work against you.
Or
Giving the batter a free ride to 1st can work against you.

Apr 28, 2014
When (very few times if any) your lefty slapper gets a double the EVO shield must be thrown in dramatic fashion to the first base coach.

Jul 31, 2015
When you’ve played the your last game of the tournament, offer the team next in the dugout your leftover water and Gatorade. If they don’t take it, carry it out and find a team warming up. Offer it to them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild