What are some of the "unwritten rules" of softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
One thing I taught DD was if you hit the P with a line drive to stop at first no matter where the ball goes.

The infield lip caused the ball to bounce funny and LF goes down. Ball is just laying in OF. Ump looks at me coaching 1st, yelled out we are done batter-runner is staying here.

May 6, 2015
not certain if this is really rule, but I was always taught as you go onto or leave field, do not step on lines (in game action completely different) I try to instill this in DD, but see lots of girls just step on the lines and drag bag across it as they enter or leave field.

Apr 1, 2017
From the player's perspective; if you get drilled hard enough by a ball to leave stitch marks, it must be photographed an spread on social media ASAP!
Happened to one of our players last week. Cool looking spot on the upper arm. Maybe an extreme thing to tell a 14 year old, but I told her to go get it tattooed....

May 6, 2015
From the player's perspective; if you get drilled hard enough by a ball to leave stitch marks, it must be photographed an spread on social media ASAP!
do dimple bruises on coach/dad's arm count ;) had DD1 do that to me once (standing bet with them whenever we did hitting was if they could break my nose, they got $20, that was as close as either came)

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
After a game at a busy tournament, the girls pack up their stuff and get out of the dugout. After game meeting is held outside the field.
Amen to this! I've pissed off a few Coaches over the years because of this. You would think they would know better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole