What an awsome weekend!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2012
DD is a freshman in HS and will more than likely be Varsity pitcher this year. Jenny Finch was coming to our town to do a one day camp for our FCA, and the HS coach calls me and asks if I would be interested in taking Jenny back to the airport after the camp is over. This is about a hour and half ride, just me, DD and Jenny Finch! I could not pass.

The clinic was awsome. Jenny was so well spoken and would get so excited talking to all the girls sharing all her experiences and knowlege of the game. A real classy lady and great role model for our young girls. I would recommend any and all that get the chance to attend her camps to make the trip.

Then we get in the car and she was so approachable. DD and I talked everything from religion to horses to softball and everything in-between. Get to the airport and Jenny loads DD down with all kinds of cool things, take pictures and off she goes. Pretty good day if it ended there.

We then get a call that our travel team, that we skipped out of is going to the championship game and wants us to drop by and play last game of the one day tourney. So we rush to the softball field and DD closes out the game pitching and has a monster hit scoring 2 RBI's. When we get to the park, DD notices that Jenny Finch left her diet Pepsi bottle in the car and this became the teams "lucky bottle". How funny to see them get excited over an empty pop bottle.

Anyway, just wanted to share a day both me and my DD will remember for awhile.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild