Weekend brag thread!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
Ok folks, let's hear a little bragging about our DDs from this weekend!!

So my twins (16U) are playing on 2 separate teams this season - btw that's changing starting this fall - anyways, both teams were in the same tournament this weekend and were playing on separate fields. Both of my girls hit a HR with 30 minutes of each other!! Both teams did well taking 1st and 3rd! We lost by one run in the game to get to the championship and almost had our first twin vs twin battle!

Lets hear some excitement from everyone else!

Dec 19, 2012
Congrats to the twins!

My dd survived her 2nd tournament of the season after a knee injury during school ball. It was a PGF Showcase/NQ and we played some very tough teams. She's not quite back to her old self but she is much further along than expected. She went 8-14 with a couple of doubles, blocked the ball well, and I honestly don't remember a steal attempt on her. I am truly a proud papa, not because of her stats but because of the way she worked her tail off in order to play this summer. She's already verballed so she could have taken the summer off but she was determined to play. She loves her teammates and she loves TB.

Oct 10, 2011
DD

Congrats big Dave!
Unfortunately DD did not have a good weekend but everyone was talking about what she did in warm ups. I was at work, but apparently on a slow pitch field with 300 foot fence, front tossing on the first base line to the left of the base...DD hit one over the 10ft center field fence! All the coaches said it was probably the farthest shot they've ever seen. I do know DD was really mad at the one coach when she did it so I guess she took it out on the ball. The weekend went down hill from there though. But at least we have that:)

Dec 7, 2011
DD's team got 3rd place in our regional qualifier. Final game was DD's to pitch and she pitched a gem vs last years 9th place national ASA squad.

Was my most favorite game I ever saw from any of DD's teams where we had runner on third with one out in the bottom of the seventh tied 2-2 and could not get the run. International tie-breaker kicked in. They got 2 runs in top of 8th. Seeing eye bloop hits,...the kind that make pitchers parents pull their hair out. Then bottom 8th DD drives home the first with a double off the fence. She gets driven in to tie. I can stay seated no more.... Top nineth the same great hitter we have known since 14U fists another one just over the infield to score the ITB runner. We then couldn't match in the bottom of 9th..... What a game. Unfortunately we beat each other up so much the waiting eventual 1st place team (that we should have beat if it werent for a 3-run error..... - but DD did have a sky-bomb HR) ran through the 2nd place team. Three top finishers were incredibly equal.

Note1 - The HR DD hit had the usual celebration around home plate. The "cool" opposing HC tried to get the HR negated complaining that DD's team can't step in fair territory on HR's.......??? Anybody know the rules here?

Note2 - It is AMAZING what smart insightful adjusting pitch-calling can do for a pitcher. Way to go coach Roger!!

Note3 - Still friggin amazed and thankful to the big guy in the sky for allowing my DD to come back from her season-long back-fracture injury in 2013 to be able to perform like this right before she heads to college. PTL !!!

Jun 16, 2014
My DD's team won their tourney this weekend. 14U USFA Hoosier Cup. 2nd year in a row they have won this tourney. She went 7-10 on Saturday but struggled on Sunday (3-9). DD far right, back row, still with shin guards on.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
First, congrats to them on their HR's
Secondly, why in Hell are they on different teams?!?!?

Well, long story short - the HS coach runs the other team. His team was going to do more exposure stuff than us and she wanted that, so we made it her decision. He a very smart coach but sometimes a bit intense. She's figured out she likes our team more, so she'll be back this fall. She said the girls bond more and act more like a single team - no cliques! Basically, our team is way more fun and can still kick some butt! Lol She sees that it doesn't have to be intense all the time to have a very strong team! We will also be traveling and doing more exposure stuff starting this fall as we'll.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
I have to add a brag myself. As big of a softball nut that I am, I really, really enjoyed not having any softball events this weekend. For the first time in forever, neither of my daughters had a tournament or a practice on the weekend! Not so the next X weekends coming up.

Feb 7, 2013
DD's 12u team qualified for State yesterday. Especially memorable because in elimination game we were down 3-2 with two outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd, DD comes in to pinch hit for teammate who struckout two previous at bats. DD hits a hard hit ball to SS, close play at 1st and ball gets away, two runs score, we go up 4-3, we tack on a few more insurance runs in the next inning and end up qualifying.

Last edited:
Big tourney this weekend with best 12U teams in the state playing. My team of all 11 year olds went 4-1 against great pitching.

I don't usually brag about 11-year-old DD because as a head coach (who has coached far more years without a DD on the team than with), I realize that I cannot do so without somebody rolling their eyes. But this weekend was the first time in her A-ball career where she got two hits in every game she played, which in this case was five. She drove in six runs, two coming on sacrifice flies that were in addition to her 10 hits. She didn't go yard this weekend but she did manage four doubles to go with six, hard singles.

She had a terrific weekend defensively, too, with no errors in 19 attempts. Her fielding percentage for 70+ games is now at .930, and she is an infielder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877