Webbing on the Easton Ghost Advanced?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Relax, its paint, that's all. The shiney grey/silver colored bats do this all the time. Demars were famous for paint cracks
in these colors. Its no big deal.

May 19, 2016
Daughters GA has exact same thing going on. No worries. And yeah, this bat is smoking hot. Daughter absolutely loves it, thanks Core, meant to get on weeks ago and say thanks but we have been super busy.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't know what it is, but those type colors (light colors) with metallic in them always seem to "line up". Maybe more
flex additive needs to go into the paint or what. Or maybe they are just seen easier on those colors.

Feb 11, 2020
Hello how’s everyone doing? I’m new to this forum but I just wanted to put in my two cents on the ghost advanced. We received it yesterday and took it for a spin today. This bat is absolutely SMOKING HOT! My 12 year old hit 5 in a row over the fence during batting practice today. Take note, she’s never homered before. She has hit a few off the fence but never over. We’re extremely impressed with the pop on this bat. Durability? That’s a different story. About 75 swings in the bat cracked. Anyone familiar with warranty on a day old broken bat? Will I loose my warranty after it’s replaced? That seems a bit unfair. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• 4638A5A8-EA47-4C0C-ABA2-927E6E959520.jpeg
    4638A5A8-EA47-4C0C-ABA2-927E6E959520.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • A7A2E707-1273-4F64-BC88-CE41AB1A5D03.jpeg
    A7A2E707-1273-4F64-BC88-CE41AB1A5D03.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's actually not a crack E, that's the paint layer that cracked off as you can see the composite underneath is fine.

I would swing it and not worry until it gets bad flaking, then send back.

But to answer your question, If a bat does crack early, be cool on the phone and just ask because a bat is so new, that
you would like them to replace the bat not counting against warranty. All manufacturers will do this on early breaks, not just
Easton. The replacement may say no return on it, but you are in their system as still having the same warranty.

BUT, when you do this, CALL...if you do the online form, its all done automatically and will be handled like any other return.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2014
Lol My DD's is going to look like its been run over by a bus a couple of times before softball season even begins. E, I would be sending that one back for sure. You think with the delayed release they would have come up with a more durable paint, or maybe the consumer is doing the real world testing and research for them??

Feb 11, 2020
Yeah I didn’t want to keep using it and risk making it worse than what it was. I ended up calling the online retailer I bought it from, and to my surprise they are refunding the full amount. I didn’t even have to go through Easton so I will just be repurchasing the bat. Hoping it doesn’t take too long to get the refund. We have a tournament coming up.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Lol My DD's is going to look like its been run over by a bus a couple of times before softball season even begins. E, I would be sending that one back for sure. You think with the delayed release they would have come up with a more durable paint, or maybe the consumer is doing the real world testing and research for them??

Many diff manufacturers shiney/metallic sliver and grays do this, Demar was big for webbing. Tons of slowpitch bats do this. The fancier you seem to try and make it. Has nothing to do with delayed release or whatever else you saying about testing and research. Bats go thru a ton of it...not like consumers get
the first bats made...haha. But also, most testing is done with no paint/graphics.
Webbing is not a warranty-able issue unless the paint is falling off. Its a common thing. My 32/22 demo
has it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi