We can’t play without some rain.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
My DD’s team has a tournament scheduled this weekend in the Seattle area which will undoubtably be canceled if we don’t get some rain here. We literally have the worst air quality in the world due to smoke from various forest fires in the region. It’s a peculiar situation to say the least.

We need the forecasted rain for sure, but I’m not enthusiastic about watching softball in it.

Dec 19, 2021
Yikes. I looked up the air quality index. It's pretty bad. Lots of stations in the 200s. Several over 300. Most around me right now are in the teens.

Your misery aside, this makes me giggle, having the Seattle area hoping for rain. I grew up there. I hated playing ball in the cold rain, so I took up basketball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Was amazed with some of the wildfires here in Cali and how close proximity they were to tournaments and they still played With choking smoke in the air.
Players I saw days later still had red bloodshot irritated eyes and a sinus issues.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Was amazed with some of the wildfires here in Cali and how close proximity they were to tournaments and they still played With choking smoke in the air.
Players I saw days later still had red bloodshot irritated eyes and a sinus issues.
Thankfully, we aren't having wildfire issues here in PA but we're still having drought issues here. I heard somewhere we're close to 2.5 inches below where we should be for the year and that's including the deluge of rain we got from the remanents of Hurricane Ian. But I don't know what it would be like having to play with all those issues from forest fire smoke.