Watching Men's Slow Pitch on ESPN: US vs Canada

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
First time I have ever seen this on TV. What a difference between FP. Score 25 Can, US 21. Don't really see scores like that in FP very often. Interesting to see the pitcher release the ball and then back pedal. I would do the same thing considering the guys are monsters. Don't think I have seen a player under 6' and 200 pounds. Now a guy from Canada hits an HR and it is ruled an out, something to do with a 10 HR limit.

Mar 15, 2010
The commentators just mentioned that the guy coming up to bat for team USA now, Hank Garris, had 228 home runs LAST YEAR! Wow.

May 25, 2010
The whole home run 'limit' idea is just weird to me. I know it makes the game more like chess, but I don't get it. Why not use a heavier ball in order to keep more in the park?

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
First time I watched it also. USA lost by one, and two of their outs were because they hit home runs after their ten hr limit. I wonder if the coach yells at them for that?:)

Mar 15, 2010
First time I watched it also. USA lost by one, and two of their outs were because they hit home runs after their ten hr limit. I wonder if the coach yells at them for that?:)

Coach grabbing the front of the jersey and yelling, "How many times have I told you not to swing through!!!!". That would be interesting to see and hear.

Feb 24, 2010
We started to watch until DD said "this is boring - why do they even play like this?" so we switched to .... the Weather Channel! She's 11 by the way.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
I have it on good ASA authority they are switching to the .52 core ball. It will take a better hit to make it go out of the park.