Walk Up Song? What is yours?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
"IMO, no walk up songs unless you're at a single stadium event with a house PA system. "

I agree.

I find it weird that grown men feel the need to blare music at 7 am during warm ups. Please stop. You look childish. It is not helping your team get pumped. It is distracting them. Sometimes I think about getting one of the amps and blast classical or jazz fusion just to prove a point.

If you are on the field, music that you enjoy can definitely help you loosen up. Theres a reason certain music is played before every football, basketball, and baseball/softball game during warmups. When my daughter is hitting buckets of balls in the garage we have music playing that SHE enjoys (every so often I can slip in a song that I enjoy). It never fails that she can not be in the mood to hit but the moment certain songs come on, its like something just clicks and shes a totally different person.

Dec 22, 2009
My daughter used Fort Minor- Remember the Name for 6 seasons, this is her senior year of college she switched to Galantis - Peanut Butter Jelly for her final horrah.

John Robertson

The Voice
Feb 23, 2020
DD will be a HS freshman this year....she's narrowed it down to her top 3.
Kick Start My Heart- Motley Crue
Dr. Feel Good- Motley Crue
Crazy Train- Ozzy

She likes the openings of these songs, especially since they will only be played for 10-30 seconds.

Old town road was a definite NO! WHEW!
Thunder Struck AC/DC still gives me goosebumps.

Mar 6, 2018
My daughter and I listen to all kinds of music. Her current walk up song is Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell. Umps in Texas love it, I think it helps her get a few calls.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
DD will be a HS freshman this year....she's narrowed it down to her top 3.
Kick Start My Heart- Motley Crue
Dr. Feel Good- Motley Crue
Crazy Train- Ozzy

She likes the openings of these songs, especially since they will only be played for 10-30 seconds.

Old town road was a definite NO! WHEW!

Great songs... but...
Kickstart is about Nikki Sixx ODing on herion, and Dr. Feelgood is about a dealing cocaine, so maybe Ozzy for once is the most wholesome choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414