VinciPro JCV-VM or All-Star CMW 3000

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2011
My DD (12) has used her Akadema catchers mitt in about 100 games now, plus catching for some pitching lessons. At first she hated it, then she loved it and now she hates it. It appears to have held up pretty well, but apparently the padding is no longer protecting her finger. She says it just hurts now.

So, VinciPro JCV-VM or All-Star CMW 3000? I have read a lot of Vinci recommendations here at DFP. The All-Star mitt was also highly recommended, but by someone who was not familiar with Vinci, so……

Anybody use/seen both gloves? Anybody use the All-Star? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks, Rob.

Sep 15, 2011
I am guessing nobody is familiar with the All-Star gloves? Or are they not worth it and nobody wants to speak ill of them?

Thanks, Rob.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My 9yo DD loves her Vinci, and the quality is top-notch. For protection, the Vinci is spectacular. However, the palm padding is so good that she sometimes can't feel the ball in her mitt, and drops pitches. In my own testing, the smaller, lighter 11" ball for 10U is harder to feel than a 12" ball. We're hoping this gets a little better as she mitt continues to break in (we've had it just over a month).

Every one of the NECC guys at the clinic we attended in January use All-Star mitts. From what I saw, they looked like very high quality gear. Then again, maybe the NECC guys don't know about Vinci either...

Last edited:

Jun 24, 2011
I am guessing nobody is familiar with the All-Star gloves? Or are they not worth it and nobody wants to speak ill of them?

Thanks, Rob.

DD and I stopped at the homerunmonkey store after a friendly in OC to check out gear. Out of the eight or so catchers' mitts she tried on, she wanted the CMW 4000 as soon as it was on her hand. Really nice leather, excellent quality, and perfect fit. I was hoping to check out the CMW 3000, but they didn't have one on the floor.

Every one of the NECC guys at the clinic we attended in January use All-Star mitts. From what I saw, they looked like very high quality gear. Then again, maybe the NECC guys don't know about Vinci either...

I read an online review of the CMW 4000 where the poster stated that that particular model was designed by the head NECC guy. If that's a factual statement, it's gotta be a great mitt.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I use an allstar knuckleball mitt to catch my 16 yo and love it. Quality has been great. Don't know about their softball mitts but I would buy mine again. That was after a nocona and an akadema over the years.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If your DD has stopped growing and you are willing to invest in a catchers mitt that will last for years, you cannot go wrong with a Nokona or a Vinci. I would recommend keeping an eye on Ebay to see if you can find a great deal on a used Nokona, or hit Casey up for a good deal on a new Vinci.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

NECC does get custom gear and offers good discounts on All-Star catcher's gear at their summer camps. And yes, NECC does know about Vinci - DD checked Jay's JCV-VM out before we got hers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs