All-Star CMW-3001 - best price?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
My daughter is still using her 10U beginner level mitt. She's now 12U, and while the glove is still holding up fine with the bigger ball, I want to upgrade before she encounters any glove failure, or more importantly, thumb issues.

She was hesitant at first to move up to an "adult" glove - she thought my 33" Liberty was too heavy a few months ago. But I think she's realized she'll get used to it (she's not a small girl).

So I'm looking to get a tan CMW-3001. Best price I've found is $139 from HQ4Sports - the rest all have it at $149. (Haven't compared shipping).

If anyone knows of a better deal, or a better single-hinge option for the money, please share! (I'm happy with my Liberty, but my understanding is that the AL is still a step up in overall quality and durability).

May 6, 2015
DD loved her CMW3000, in process of breaking in CMW3001. nothing wrong per se with her old CMW3000 (no I will not sell it, once CMW3001 is game ready, getting relaced as backup, or she may move back to it, I live in fear of something happening to her mitt on a big tourney day). great mitt, but beast to break in.

good price too, think I may have paid $129 for the CMW3001 a couple of years ago, but $139 is tough to beat right now. they are really the same mitt, new color schemes. get it now, have her start catching some pitching lessons for teamates/friends to help break in. DO NOT put your hand inside this mitt (I would put thumb and pinky about 1/3 to 1/2 way in while working on it, I have had to admonish a couple of her coaches who wanted to use it to start warming up pitchers while she geared up during games, no way jose).

Nov 18, 2015
That's what I'm thinking - is All-Star price gouging on purpose to get more FP customers? Their top-end baseball mitts are $300+, and from what you and others have said, I can't see a reason to spend $75+ more for an A2000 (which I think is all double-hinged anyway).

I was thinking of getting an LXT as bridge to the AS, but at this point, I'm thinking she could just use my Liberty if needed (or borrow a teammates in an emergency) if the AS is still a work in progress.

Oct 8, 2020
Jumping into this thread :)

My name is Johanna, and I am the Director of Fastpitch here at All-Star Sporting Goods.

Your assumption is quite correct in that the reason our baseball mitts are $300+ is that we are primarily known as a baseball brand - especially as it relates to mitts/gloves. While we firmly believe in the design and quality of our products on the Fastpitch side, we aren't quite there yet in terms of recognition. This is something that we are currently working hard to develop!

PS. If you haven't already ordered the mitt, try promo code RISEABOVE2020 for 10% off when placed directly through our website: www.all-starsports.com. Have fun breaking it in!

That's what I'm thinking - is All-Star price gouging on purpose to get more FP customers? Their top-end baseball mitts are $300+, and from what you and others have said, I can't see a reason to spend $75+ more for an A2000 (which I think is all double-hinged anyway).

I was thinking of getting an LXT as bridge to the AS, but at this point, I'm thinking she could just use my Liberty if needed (or borrow a teammates in an emergency) if the AS is still a work in progress.

Nov 18, 2015
Johanna - thank for the code.

Ordered and arrived.

Let the beatings begin!

f7cd4522e0e04065c2a1e1416b6fcb91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
Just re-lace it and start over!

YoCoach - you think ribs will take long enough? Maybe a brisket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802