Vinci JCV-VM for 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2021
I’m looking into getting a new/good condition used mitt for DD to start working with for move up to 12u in the fall. I’ve been seeing a lot of love for Vinci and came across a 33” JCV-VM for a decent price. Question is would that be too much of a mitt?

DD is currently using a LS Xeno that we bought used and she likes the padding and pocket. We experimented with a1000 to try earlier this offseason but it just didn’t work out, scrapped it and went back to Xeno exclusively. It’s got some life left but days are numbered.

Any other recommendations greatly appreciated. I’m not looking at breaking the bank - durable, good padding, and good pocket. If she’s still catching at 14u then looking at stepping up.

If I’ve posted this in the wrong place then let me know.

May 28, 2014
The VM would REALLY have to be broken in to be used at 10yo or even moving up to 12yo - if it is not broken in correctly with a good pocket she will not have the hand strength on that glove to keep the ball in the the pocket consistentl. With that being said, it has the best hand protection on the market.

Cheers,

Dave

Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for input Drakemir. This one is used and really looks hardly used. Even though it would be 8 months at the earliest it would see game action, wasn’t sure if it would be too much of a glove.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for input Drakemir. This one is used and really looks hardly used. Even though it would be 8 months at the earliest it would see game action, wasn’t sure if it would be too much of a glove.

For a 10-11yo, I would say it's probably too much, but a lot of that will depend on the kid. If she's on the stronger side of girls her age, she might be okay AFTER it's broken in. If she's average to smaller, she might struggle.

My DD started using a JCV34 at 12yo. It was almost a no-go with the stock solid web. I swapped it out to the H-web that's on the JCV-VM, and it made all the difference for her. She's coming up on 4 years with it (heavy TB schedule + school ball). It's in great shape, and she LOVES it.

I've broken in 2 Vinci mitts. Both have been tougher than any other mitt I've worked on. By far. That said, once they're broken in, they're awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
DD received her JCV- VM last Dec (11yo at the time) she had it broke in by start of team practice in Feb. Great glove with a ton of padding.
Worth every bit of time spent to break in (mallet work and a lot of catching).
Highly recommend the Vinci JCV-VM.

Jun 19, 2016
I honestly would get one for myself if I thought I could fit my fat hands in it. Catching my DD's bullpens is killing my thumb.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28