Vinci Custom Steer Hide PC/22

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2019
I have one in my cart right now. Any reason NOT to buy it?

My 14yo (TB, JV, rec) DD needs a new fielding glove. When she’s not behind the plate, she’s at 3rd.
She really wants a white glove with red laces, so we built a custom on the Vinci site with a T-web and open back.
I don’t want to make an impulse purchase and regret it.
I don’t know much about gloves and I know she’d pick based on looks, LOL 😂

Any advice??

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Yeah, contact Drakemir on here to order a Vinci (if you haven't already). Also, my catcher DD spends some time over at 3rd when she's not behind the dish and she absolutely loves the Vinci Optimus 1929BV (and it works really well just about anywhere else).

Apr 21, 2019
Yeah, contact Drakemir on here to order a Vinci (if you haven't already). Also, my catcher DD spends some time over at 3rd when she's not behind the dish and she absolutely loves the Vinci Optimus 1929BV (and it works really well just about anywhere else).

I actually sent him a PM earlier today.
I have a Vinci 20% off coupon that expires today, so IDK whether to buy it or wait!!
I’m such an impulse buyer and it’s not even for ME 🤣

Oct 21, 2016
I don't think you will be disappointed if you go ahead with the purchases since you have the coupon, but as others have said I would wait to contact Drakemir simply because he knows Vinci front and back and will make sure you are buying the best product for your DD. My DD has 2 Vinci and we bought one from the website with a similar coupon and the 2nd thru Drakemir and she loves both gloves. Good Luck and post some picks. I haven't see too many white gloves with red laces.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Helkat, welcome to the board, glad to have you here! I’m going to play the bad guy here, but not trying to talk you out of a Vinci. It’s your money, you obviously can spend it anyway you see fit!

But please don’t order a white, especially with red laces! The first time it gets wet those red laces will bleed on that white leather, and if that never happens, that white glove will look like a$$ in really short time!

If you want a custom Vinci for your DD to play 3B, contact Drakemir about a hybrid BV1929 with a H-web, perfect pattern for 3B. Maybe even talk to him about having it laced with tan lace!? In a year or more from the time you get it, you’ll be very glad you didn’t order a white glove!

Just my opinion..........

Apr 21, 2019
Helkat, welcome to the board, glad to have you here! I’m going to play the bad guy here, but not trying to talk you out of a Vinci. It’s your money, you obviously can spend it anyway you see fit!

But please don’t order a white, especially with red laces! The first time it gets wet those red laces will bleed on that white leather, and if that never happens, that white glove will look like a$$ in really short time!

If you want a custom Vinci for your DD to play 3B, contact Drakemir about a hybrid BV1929 with a H-web, perfect pattern for 3B. Maybe even talk to him about having it laced with tan lace!? In a year or more from the time you get it, you’ll be very glad you didn’t order a white glove!

Just my opinion..........
Thanks so much, Anna's Dad!!
Ugh! I didn't think about bleeding!! She really likes the white :( We know it will get really dirty, but I think we can live with it. Maybe instead of red lacing we'll go with grey lacing and red embroidery (that should be less of a bleed issue, I would think??). Also, what are your thoughts on the T-web vs. an H-web?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott