Vinci Custom Steer Hide PC/22

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks so much, Anna's Dad!!
Ugh! I didn't think about bleeding!! She really likes the white :( We know it will get really dirty, but I think we can live with it. Maybe instead of red lacing we'll go with grey lacing and red embroidery (that should be less of a bleed issue, I would think??). Also, what are your thoughts on the T-web vs. an H-web?

I have nothing against their T-web (modified trap), webs are a personal thing, I personally think the H-web is the most versatile web you can put on a glove. For 3B I’d definitely want an H-web over any trap, but that’s just me.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Sent you a pm. Can’t get my pics to post.

She has this same glove in a 12”. It’s pretty small but she usually plays middle so its good. Her bff has an 11.75 a2000 and they are very close.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
If you want a custom Vinci for your DD to play 3B, contact Drakemir about a hybrid BV1929 with a H-web, perfect pattern for 3B. Maybe even talk to him about having it laced with tan lace!? In a year or more from the time you get it, you’ll be very glad you didn’t order a white glove!
We have 4 Vinci's - 2 BV1929 models....one of them is an Optimus upgrade like Annasdad is talking about here.....Walnut colored leather with the black mesh on the back (this stuff is tough, wears like iron, light weight and looks good as a contrast - we have it on a catchers mitt as well) and it's a hybrid with the H -web. Both DD's love the BV1929, we've had the L for almost 4 yrs and the Optimus for going on 2 yrs now. Really the only complaint I have is in the quality of the lace they use...

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Here’s what a black H-web Vinci with tan laces looks like, this is a RV1961.View attachment 14089
Interesting look, we have one of these at the house (not quite 2 yrs on it yet) and the original lace is starting to shred and tear despite the TLC. Just showed this pic to DD and she is now open (when we had Rous do the last couple they both wanted to stick with black) to the tan lace and says "that looks cool"!

Apr 21, 2019
Quick question! When I am on the Vinci site and I select "Custom Gloves" and then "Limited" and then "Custom Kip Limited or Mesh Series Fielder's Glove" what model is that comparable to?

We'd like to build a glove and I think she is going with all black (change from all white) with red lacing and red embroidery.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I love the web on these last two gloves! The question is, how good is the leather compared to the Rawlings Pro206-6JTB ?
Wow, you went searching wayyy back! That's a custom 12" Kip leather Vinci, no model number. That one was either number 2 or 3 of three total customs like that we had.

Anna's first one was when she was in 12U, Casedawg had it made for me, that first one absolutely blew away any and every other Vinci I've either seen or held. Those other two were very nice gloves, real lookers, but couldn't touch that first one, ESPECIALLY the Kip leather on that first one! The patterns between number one, and then numbers two & three were different also, the very first one was Vinci's version of the Pro1000, almost identical bowl shape. The other two were different! I put that tan lace in the web spiral and fingertips in the one you're looking at.

To answer your question, I'd take Anna's first custom over that retail Pro206 without hesitation, I'd take the Pro206 over the one you have pictured (numbers 2 & 3). But really that's a tough call, all great gloves, except for the Vinci lace! :sneaky:

Her first one at 12 on Christmas day.
101.jpg102.jpg108.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812