Video Update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2011
Posted video of DD a couple months back and got some great feedback. We have been working on forward by coiling as well as some other stuff. Wanted to post an update and get some more critiques. I see improvement but it is a work in progress. This is shot in slow motion at 240fps. Let the feedback begin. LOL

R

RayR

My .05...

My first impression is that she uses her shoulders to load and and unload the swing and maybe some of the upper back (muscles). I would advise her to try and use her lower back more and include all of her back (muscles) to load around her rear leg.

My other advice would be based on the movement of her rear elbow - is to try to use her hands/wrists/forearms to turn the barrel immediately - her rear elbow gets trapped because her hands are not working early enough to turn the handle/barrel into the ball - this is most of the reason why her front elbow collapses and her hands have to drop to get the barrel down the ball - regardless of pitch height the hands should be working back up through contact All IMHO...