Video analysis software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
My TB team has really been getting serious about video analysis lately. Researching on here and we have decided to go with RVP going forward. The question is which package makes the most sense for a team? Does anyone have any experience with multiple players using RVP? My DD will be using it daily and the TB team will at least twice weekly. What is everyone using for a camera setup for RVP? Anyone using Ipads? My last question is how does it show 4 different views off a single camera source, or are they using multiple cameras to get that feature? Looking for some insight here before investing in this.

Mar 7, 2016
Also how does it compare to using blast motion to do the same thing? We have blast now, but not the ability to compare swings.

Mar 7, 2016
Since my Rightview pro thread got a ton of attentions lets try this instead... What software do you recommend to view batting in slow mo that has markup capability?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We have had great success with Coach's Eye. Early on, it was a good option on the cheap. But as they got better, it started to get expensive. I don't know the cost now. On the even cheaper, video playback in VLC seems to be good enough for what I want. No drawing overlay utilities. But frame by frame and time advance work very well. VLC is free.

Mar 7, 2016
Coaches eye is one I am looking into. I like I can record on anything and upload via the web. We have Blast but it runs like crap on android... looking to buy an apple product just to use it (which seems like a huge waste of money). I just like the metrics it gives me.

Nov 18, 2015
Look at Technique. For a team-based app, Hudl (same company) may be better. They're more geared towards court-sports like volleyball, but Technique lets you do side-by-sides, overlays, drawings, and voice-overs. I've seen a lot of hitting coaches post videos using Technique, which also has the frame by frame option, and can record in 30 or 60fps.

Technique is free, Hudl appears to be subscription based ("contact our marketing team for pricing...".

This all may be moot - they don't offer the product for Android, but if you're looking to switch, or just get an iPad just for this app - I think it's worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414