Motion Analysis Software for Mac?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I was wondering if anyone out there has a suggestion on motion analysis software (to assess the softball pitching motion) that they like to use for Mac? I've seen Kinovea used--and it is a good tool and I think may even be free to download--but as far as I understand it is only for PC users. What are any of the Mac users using for the same purpose? Thanks.

Jul 9, 2016
I was wondering if anyone out there has a suggestion on motion analysis software (to assess the softball pitching motion) that they like to use for Mac? I've seen Kinovea used--and it is a good tool and I think may even be free to download--but as far as I understand it is only for PC users. What are any of the Mac users using for the same purpose? Thanks.

hmmm

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'm not a Mac guy, but we have a couple iPhones for testing purposes. Have you tried Coach's eye? You can do the analysis from an app for either IOS or Android.

It used to a free app that you paid for extras. Not it seems to have morphed into a subscription based model. So it may be more pricey than what you are looking into.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
^^^^^^^^ +1 on the coaches eye. i haven't tried it for a while, but have always thought the mobile devices have done better for me than the Mac. So i only used CE on my iPhone.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Also another comment, i have the Diamond Kinetics Pitch tracker, and i think i had to pay an annual fee for some of the services, but i am able to have DD pitch and it tracks the metrics of each pitch as well the video right along with the metrics. The ball is slightly heavier is our only tru issue. Directionally all the metrics are fine, not perfect, but we have really enjoyed that in our sessions. Warm up with normal balls and Use DK ball for full pitches.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Also another comment, i have the Diamond Kinetics Pitch tracker, and i think i had to pay an annual fee for some of the services, but i am able to have DD pitch and it tracks the metrics of each pitch as well the video right along with the metrics. The ball is slightly heavier is our only tru issue. Directionally all the metrics are fine, not perfect, but we have really enjoyed that in our sessions. Warm up with normal balls and Use DK ball for full pitches.
I have the DK ball and think it is a great tool.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I'm not a Mac guy, but we have a couple iPhones for testing purposes. Have you tried Coach's eye? You can do the analysis from an app for either IOS or Android.

It used to a free app that you paid for extras. Not it seems to have morphed into a subscription based model. So it may be more pricey than what you are looking into.
Thanks for the tip. I'd not heard of this before. Looks like it will work very well for my needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802