USSSA Tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2013
Same thing happened to my team twice last summer and we are also in PAE. It is not fun to work with that Director. We are trying to avoid USSSA tournaments next season when possible.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Issue i've seen with USSSA in the MD/DE/VA/PA/NJ area is WAY TO MANY TEAMS! Our 12U team is blessed to have a P and C that most teams would be glad to have, but still struggling to get out of the "C" bracket. Why? because USSSA is really just REC ALL STAR! But in order to field a competitive PONY, ASA or any other type of team you need depth from top to bottom and on the bench. We played a team in an "OPEN" tournament this year twice already, first game we are up 12 runs in the 3rd and the fans on the other team are killing me about it (3rd base coach). Second game is on elimination Sunday and again we are in the same situation with this team, i do the customary have girls step off 3rd early to help them out. After the game their coach tells us that they are a newly formed team of 13 girls that couldn't make other travel teams. I'm guessing PONY and ASA teams don't have 13 girls on a roster that can't make another team.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Same thing happened to my team twice last summer and we are also in PAE. It is not fun to work with that Director. We are trying to avoid USSSA tournaments next season when possible.

We are not playing USSSA at all (we didn't register) and we are going to play a very good, challenging schedule. If you want to send me a PM, I can send you an Excel spreadsheet we put together for 10U, 12U, and 14U tournaments for every weekend from March 29/30 to the end of July.

Feb 16, 2012
USSSA in the ST. Louis isn't any better. He floods the area with tournaments and ends up cancelling half of them. He allows cheating by other teams in the State qualifier. We addressed all the issues we had with the state director and all he did was send our emails to the local guy. If you go to the Columbia or KC area the directors there are much better. There is some NSA and ASA is adding more in this area. I never heard of PONY until I came on this board.

BucketLover

BucketLover
Jan 24, 2014
Just outside of the foul lines
In Western PA ASA is really watered down. We are looking forward to PGF moving in, we played all USSSA last season and it was pretty competitive. People have grown tired of the "old guard" here and most of the USSSA tournaments last season had 10-12 good teams each weekend, the lesser teams stayed in ASA or NSA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red