USSSA Top gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
14A championship game currently on espn3. Girl up to bat swinging a Demarini Phenix hahaha! Hmmm?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Oop, and an original with a Phenix also. Guess Utrip isn't checking stamps there.

Dec 11, 2010
Whoa. Phoenix should stick out like a sore thumb, can't believe someone on other team didn't notice it.

Tournament rules said you had to show bats to plate ump every at bat.

We were in the 12's out there which was at a different park and they were checking them every at bat. One ump told one of our players she had never seen a Rocketech before...? They were using Worth Red Dot USSSA balls that had the normal compression but they seemed very dead, not as many burned outfielders, never saw a single otf hr. I have never seen those balls before

That was a really nice tournament btw, great competition. Lots of close games. The format was 90 minute games or 7 innings which we don't get to play very often.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2013
I'm watching a replay of this game. The rules seem to be more like guidelines. I see the Originals pitcher routinely with her foot behind the pitching plate and just watched an infield single by a girl with a foot entirely out of the box.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Can't you send older bats is to get stamped? That's likely what happened here.

For a few months in summer of 2012 you could send in your 2012 bat to get a stamp. I don't think they would have stamped an '08.
image.jpg
(Shot hiding girl's number and face, not that I blame her a bit for using it)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar