USSSA Post Covid-19 Return-to-play guidelines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Just being realistic. Not a fan of nonsense. Suggesting keeping the players further apart in dugout (which aint happening anyway) while using the same crowded restrooms with only cold water will somehow slow the spread is silly.
It is really going to come down to either you allow DD to play or you dont.
Not a fan of nonsense either.
Theres a lot of nonsense everyday in the world.
Change and guidelines are inevitable.
Complain now. Later at the game what will you do.

Feb 25, 2018
Screenshot_20200502-150926_Chrome.jpg

RI, MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE formed a compact to re-open in concert (as much as possible), so if they're serious about that, if RI cancelled all summer tourneys, so will the other six states.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Florida/June

Florida/MAY

I know the people around Orlando who run tournaments 100% expect to have tournaments 5/23 & 5/30 and are hoping for 5/16. Unless something dramatic happens and they are told no, I am 80% certain 5/23 happens and almost 100% 5/30 does.

We received notification from a few field sites and facilities in the Orlando area that they are open to team practices as of Monday with a few restrictions (plus a waiver which is probably not worth the paper it is printed on)

Oct 14, 2019
Florida/MAY

I know the people around Orlando who run tournaments 100% expect to have tournaments 5/23 & 5/30 and are hoping for 5/16. Unless something dramatic happens and they are told no, I am 80% certain 5/23 happens and almost 100% 5/30 does.

We received notification from a few field sites and facilities in the Orlando area that they are open to team practices as of Monday with a few restrictions (plus a waiver which is probably not worth the paper it is printed on)
I guess it depends on what Phase 2 includes for Florida.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Not a fan of nonsense either.
Theres a lot of nonsense everyday in the world.
Change and guidelines are inevitable.
Complain now. Later at the game what will you do.
I am willing, ready and able to have DD play this weekend. Just waiting for Comrade Newsom to give his blessing. I live in Orange County CA, home to 3.2 million with 39 deaths due to covid.
If we must have guidelines they should be logical. Like, play at your own risk.

Aug 25, 2019
I am willing, ready and able to have DD play this weekend. Just waiting for Comrade Newsom to give his blessing. I live in Orange County CA, home to 3.2 million with 39 deaths due to covid.
Wow, nice. I live in a county with 1.5 million population, 1227 deaths. I hope your county doesn’t end up like that.

marriard

Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I guess it depends on what Phase 2 includes for Florida.

Yes; although people are already interpreting the rules however they want. Letting teams practice as a team starting this week seems like a very loose interpretation of what is in Phase 1 already even with the stipulations they have sent out.

Unless they are told specifically they can't,I expect they will proceed.

Apr 28, 2014
View attachment 17390

RI, MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE formed a compact to re-open in concert (as much as possible), so if they're serious about that, if RI cancelled all summer tourneys, so will the other six states.
Wait because RI is canceling tournaments all those other states will?
Can you post a link that supports that the other states will follow the lead of Rhode island?

marriard

Oct 2, 2011
Florida

That seems to be the main problem; it is not "play at your own risk" it is "play at someone else's risk". If I was just taking the risk for myself, fine, that is a decision I can make for me. But if it turned out I was asymptomatic or just was mildly ill but someone else got seriously ill because of me or even just possibly because of me, I am not sure how I would live with that.

As a tournament director, you have to trust a whole tournament worth of families to not bring along someone who is sick or mildly ill or to follow all the procedures. If you put on a tournament and it ends up being the center of a source of infection; are you going to be OK with that (not even thinking about the legal implications)? Tough call - or at least it should be a tough call.

They opened the passive parks in Florida last Wednesday evening; and while 90% of the people out there behaved themselves within the limits they were asked to, 10% didn't. That is about what I expected.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez