USSSA Post Covid-19 Return-to-play guidelines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2019
****Edit****​

The site is live with the link now: USSSA Covid-19 Return-To-Play Guidelines - May 1, 2020

It looks like USSSA sent an email today, with links to waivers and post Covid-19 guidelines. I haven't actually received that email yet, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has? I've seen guidelines posted in this forum from other organizations, but couldn't source what organization developed them. Here's a screenshot from the USSSA site:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.47.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019
I wonder if a virus gets on a ball, would it transfer to a bat if hit in the right spot?......How about that ball being hit, rolling in dirt and grass, how long would the virus stay on the ball?

Apr 16, 2013
I wonder if a virus gets on a ball, would it transfer to a bat if hit in the right spot?......How about that ball being hit, rolling in dirt and grass, how long would the virus stay on the ball?
Don't forget, in the sun and heat. My ONLY worry at any ball park are the bathrooms and concessions.

Oct 14, 2019
It might stick to the bat on a bunt, but would be unlikely to survive a hard hit line drive.

Aug 25, 2019
You know how to limit transmissions?......Tie the girls hands to their waists in the dugout. Remember, unless someone sneezes in your face, the best way to contract the virus is touching your eyes, nose, mouth with your hands.

Oct 2, 2017
Wow, then how would you live life in general LOL If what you are saying is correct, then its never safe to play ball again. It will be everywhere. LOL No one would be safe, regardless of restrictions

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Guidelines will be implemented.
Whether or not people implement them
adds more to the unknown.

Regardless of what people think of the guidelines hope everybody does their part.

For softball'ers , would like to see this open go smoothly as possible and not have to be shut down again!

Calif.
Cigarette smokers are an example of adjusting behaviors.
Years ago could smoke anywhere,
in restaurants to.
Now NO can do.
Not on the beach.
Not at ball parks.
Then mega taxes on them.
Locals got used to it.
Watch people come from out of state
pissed off at the price of cigs,
still buy them,
AND
have to walk out to the parking lot
to smoke them!...but they do it!

People are capable of
making adjustments.

Wonder if guidelines will be enough
without turning into laws?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
"Hi, Coach. I'm with the tourney guidelines enforcement committee. Your team wasn't following our guidelines during the last game, so consider this your first warning. Next infraction your team will be ejected from the tourney."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez