Unreal:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2013
As for the ejections followed by a forfeit, they could go hand-in-hand because if the ejection put them shorthanded (i.e. no subs available), that's the ball game.

May 10, 2010
The ladies on that team are some colleges future players. It is amazing the links people will go, to win a game. I also watched the game and thought the umpire was fair, but missed a call or two. The catcher is what killed the strike zone in my opinion. I have seen more and more of the big teams setting the bar high in recruiting and some are setting it pretty low in morals. I bet that coach cares more about how many verbals his players have than the players themselves. I hope the players on that team are not a reflection of that coaches morals.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Just wrong. I am an advocate of making a point with an umpire if I disagree. I am the first to apologize. I am also the first to admit I was wrong if I was. I am also the first to admit when I deserved being booted, although only happened once and I was not proud of it. No matter what, I would NEVER do this. This coach should be ashamed.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
These are showcases. There's no repercussions for anything. That's why they did it. I've see the worst coach and player behavior at showcases, where the score doesn't even matter.

That's what I find really odd about it, particularly the parents behavior. If it's a showcase, and the score doesn't matter, why would the parents even care..AND.. to act up in front of college coaches like that? "Hey coach, look at me.. make sure you know my kid has one of those crazy parents before you consider her!" -smh

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It would not cross my mind to throw a pitch at an ump or a coke on anyone. But, this just goes to show, what I know is the truth about the sobriety of some people. I was amazed at the folks that I got to know that were sneaking drinks or downing pills, all day long. I kept my kids close to me, after that and never really trusted other parents.

Aug 24, 2011
If my DD participated in that, at that age, I would be so mad, that she might never participate again. I even tell all of my students if a coach pulls something like this to refuse and tell their parents. I wouldn't want my kids around a coach with this poor of judgement.

I agree Amy. It's even more disappointing that a coach would ever put his athletes in the position to commit such a cowardly act.

Apr 13, 2010
I hate the way the strike zone is used by umpires as much as anybody but there is NO REASON on earth for anyone to pull a stunt like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole