Rawlings Gold Glove Awards - College Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2021
Rawlings did a really cool thing for the college women by giving out Gold Gloves this year. One at each position per division. They put out some nice social media posts about it including a video with the announcements. We were absolutely stunned when my daughter's name appeared for the NCAA D3 award at catcher. She is incredibly talented behind the plate with her pitch calling, her strength, size, skill, and an unreal arm. Teams don't run much on us...between our pitching and her, its tough to run on. We don't think much of accolades most times in our house with our girls, but this one was special....even a shout out from Johnny Bench to all the catchers at each division. Another one of those things that these women who put so much time and effort into their craft can make it all so worth it.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Thunder - my DD's team played yours last Spring ('22) down in Clermont. It was a good game overall, one of my DD's was catching, the other was in RF (she was usually in the circle). There's some very solid teams up your way. Congrats to your DD for the award and a great season in '23!

Jul 2, 2013
This is awesome. It would be great if they gave them the chest protectors with the gold Rawlings patch like they do the pros.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles