University of South Carolina softball complex is IMPRESSIVE!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD went to a pitching camp at the University of South Carolina today and we were BLOWN AWAY with how nice their new softball stadium is.....just WOW!

USCe softball field.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
JAD, did you get to go into the indoor hitting complex by the bullpen? It is on the first base side at the end of the seating area. We got a tour by my DDs hitting coach of the inside of the complex...video rooms, pre-game meal and meeting area, study area, locker rooms....yes, very impressive complex!! Long way from the aluminum bleachers they had in the 80/90's that held about 100 people at the most. We went to that camp last year. The players are great with the kids. We will probably camp there this summer. Glad you had a good time.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD, did you get to go into the indoor hitting complex by the bullpen? It is on the first base side at the end of the seating area. We got a tour by my DDs hitting coach of the inside of the complex...video rooms, pre-game meal and meeting area, study area, locker rooms....yes, very impressive complex!! Long way from the aluminum bleachers they had in the 80/90's that held about 100 people at the most. We went to that camp last year. The players are great with the kids. We will probably camp there this summer. Glad you had a good time.

We did not get a tour of the indoor hitting complex. The camp was done in the indoor football facility since they had @ 60 pitchers and 60 catchers there. My DD was impressed and has added USCe to her "short list".

Dec 20, 2012
I have never been but it was one of the schools I tried to sway my daughter towards. Not the best in the SEC but still in the SEC. Awesome facilities, beautiful area, school puts some cash in the program and I could play golf when I visit.lol There are a few gems like Ohio State, BYU, Texas Tech, Utah, Penn State(I know there are a lot more) out there that are not what you think when you hear college softball. But they have facilities that rank up there and would probably be an awesome experience to play there.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
USC has a long softball tradition...it and UL-Lafayette were the only southern schools with softball for years. It was a powerhouse for many years prior to the SEC being forced to offer softball.

Oct 10, 2011
Usc

They just started following DD on twitter. ..I wish that meant something. .. I'd love her to play there! .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877