Uniform colors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
This is another WTF when it comes to 67 (sarcasm alert) different rule sets. If you can't have a glove the same color as the ball or even lacing on a glove that is the same color as the ball, how in the hell is it OK to have a jersey the same color as the ball?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
This is another WTF when it comes to 67 (sarcasm alert) different rule sets. If you can't have a glove the same color as the ball or even lacing on a glove that is the same color as the ball, how in the hell is it OK to have a jersey the same color as the ball?

The glove rule is ridiculously applied by just about all rule sets. People including umpires who are losing the ball because a head band or socks are a similar color of the ball must be pitiful in their collective performance since the ball is coming from neither of those directions.

And where was this question when the ball was white and the players were wearing white, well, just about everything at one point or another?

Jun 22, 2008
If the batters are trying to follow the ball through all of the pitchers arm movement they have not received very sound instruction.

Jan 20, 2010
You two narcissistic umpires need to worry about calling a game not what is coached. I never once said I train my team to follow the arm circle. I train them to focus on the release (Not that it is any of your concern what I train my team to do). What you two have a hard time understanding in your "I am always right never wrong" mentality is the girl said it was distracting and her eye felt like it was being drawn away from the release point. Now you want to get a hold of the umpire that said he was losing the ball feel free. He was the one of your guys (a UMPIRE) that made the pitcher take it off. But it seems as though all you care about is trying to prove a coach wrong, telling them they don't give sound instruction and make crazy remarks you have no knowledge of. You are not in my dugout or at my practice, nor do I go to your Umpire classes. I don't care what color you wear on the weekends, blue, red, white, black or pink. Do your job and let the coaches do there job. You guys make way too much money to have a god complex. 160 bucks for a double header these days. Oh that's right I shouldn't talk about things I don't know anything about. I am not a umpire, I know you guys have the hardest job in the world. Well guess what you get paid to make mistakes every weekend. I volunter my time not asking for dime for my time.... My bad....But I would end this by saying maybe in umpire school they need to add a section on how to be humble. A guy asked a question about uniform color I answered said no rule against it but hey this just happened. That is all this was. Feel free to bash and come at me with all your responses becasue I know you guys have to have the last word. I am done with you two MRT and Comp.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
You two narcissistic umpires need to worry about calling a game not what is coached. I never once said I train my team to follow the arm circle. I train them to focus on the release (Not that it is any of your concern what I train my team to do). What you two have a hard time understanding in your "I am always right never wrong" mentality is the girl said it was distracting and her eye felt like it was being drawn away from the release point.

Speaking of narcissistic.

Now you want to get a hold of the umpire that said he was losing the ball feel free. He was the one of your guys (a UMPIRE) that made the pitcher take it off.

No argument that the umpire is an idiot and is folding under unfounded pressure.

But it seems as though all you care about is trying to prove a coach wrong, telling them they don't give sound instruction and make crazy remarks you have no knowledge of. You are not in my dugout or at my practice, nor do I go to your Umpire classes. I don't care what color you wear on the weekends, blue, red, white, black or pink. Do your job and let the coaches do there job. You guys make way too much money to have a god complex. 160 bucks for a double header these days. Oh that's right I shouldn't talk about things I don't know anything about. I am not a umpire, I know you guys have the hardest job in the world. Well guess what you get paid to make mistakes every weekend. I volunter my time not asking for dime for my time.... My bad....But I would end this by saying maybe in umpire school they need to add a section on how to be humble. A guy asked a question about uniform color I answered said no rule against it but hey this just happened. That is all this was. Feel free to bash and come at me with all your responses becasue I know you guys have to have the last word. I am done with you two MRT and Comp.

And we answered the question with rules and logical reasoning. And if you think umpires are overpaid for being expected to put up with shirt like this, you need to do the job. Unfortunately, the first thing that you would have to do (and I don't believe it is easy to do) is forget everything you believe to be true from a coach's standpoint.

BTW, it is MTR.

Oct 25, 2009
I think the rule about the color on the glove is ridiculously applied. A spot the size of a quarter is illegal. But you can have a jersey and pants that are all yellow.

And they call it on all the players; even the catcher. Ridiculous!!!

And what about the yellow bats? Don't they distract the defense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g