Ump HBP - Players Ejected

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not just bush-league. That's criminal. You've got a conspiracy to commit battery forming with the coach there on the mound. I hope they were kicked out of the tournament, and the team was disbanded. The coach should've been arrested. And not a single one of those girls who participated in that meeting on the mound should ever play another game of softball.

I'd like to think my daughter would walk off the field.

I believe you're talking about the older clip posted by MNDad. That one has been discussed at length.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think the pitcher should be tossed, but there is a good chance the catcher had no idea what was going on. Watching it frame by frame, the catcher had no chance of getting to that ball. I'm not sure if the pitcher was trying to knock the batter down or hit the ump.

Isn't the coach automatically ejected on something like this.

Without context, I would agree that it looks like just a missed catch by the C. In the context of the situation in the live setting, it immediately struck me as out of character for C to miss it. It was also out of character for P to miss her target by that much. IMO, there's enough odd/suspicious factors quickly following the previous coach/ump issue to just blow it off as a missed catch. The ump CLEARLY thought it was intentional, and he had a front row seat for seeing the tendencies of P and C. This wasn't a rec league game. These girls are pretty good players.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I doubt the pitcher/catcher did that on their own so I hope the coach was tossed as well. Actually, if I was the ump I would have tossed the coach and told the pitcher/catcher if they ever did that again there would be consequences.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I doubt the pitcher/catcher did that on their own so I hope the coach was tossed as well. Actually, if I was the ump I would have tossed the coach and told the pitcher/catcher if they ever did that again there would be consequences.

Only P and C were tossed. I also doubt they did it on their own.

Sep 6, 2015
TD should talk with each of the players and their parents separately to determine if the coach was involved and see if they get the same story.

Dec 11, 2010
Not just bush-league. That's criminal. You've got a conspiracy to commit battery forming with the coach there on the mound. I hope they were kicked out of the tournament, and the team was disbanded. The coach should've been arrested. And not a single one of those girls who participated in that meeting on the mound should ever play another game of softball.

I think we are one predicate act from charging the whole team under RICO, lol!

That IS a pretty despicable way to act and I’m glad the ump was having none of it. He has seen enough pitchers and catchers to know what was going on.

Ever notice what a catchers glove does on video of a hit? And what doesn’t this catchers glove do? She had no intention of catching that ball, she stuck her glove out and waved it at the ball.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think we are one predicate act from charging the whole team under RICO, lol!

That IS a pretty despicable way to act and I’m glad the ump was having none of it. He has seen enough pitchers and catchers to know what was going on.

Ever notice what a catchers glove does on video of a hit? And what doesn’t this catchers glove do? She had no intention of catching that ball, she stuck her glove out and waved it at the ball.

Please elaborate. What doesn't the glove do?

EDIT: Looked again. WOW!! I see it now. Clearly no expectation of making a catch. :mad:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I think her arm too. Never stiffens for impact. I suppose if it was really, really off target a catcher might not stiffen but how does it hit the ump in that case. Pretty suspicious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles