UCF/FLA IP call to break up a scoreless game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
0-0 Florida/UCF in the 6th. UCF loses 2-1. Tough break. I only saw a brief replay and did not get a good look but i did not see a replant so I am guessing it was for leaping. Did anyone get a good look?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
0-0 Florida/UCF in the 6th. UCF loses 2-1. Tough break. I only saw a brief replay and did not get a good look but i did not see a replant so I am guessing it was for leaping. Did anyone get a good look?

Had it on but was cooking so didn't pay close attention, and appletv doesn't allow rewind.

They roped the girl for IP several times. I know I saw a girl given 2nd then 3rd on illegals, and this girl given home....it may have been all the same baserunner, like I said I wasn't paying close attention. Idk...the 3rd base ump was calling it on her, then the 1st base ump called it when she scored. They replayed once and the announcers said "oh ya, she is coming way off the rubber", didn't seem like much to me, her foot wasn't in the air...kind of a drag and replant.

Mar 26, 2013
Florida scored the first run in the 3rd on a double and 2 IPs to different batters. There was also a dropped foul ball (E3) prior to the 2nd IP that would have ended the inning if caught.

FL scored the second run in the 4th on HBP, Sac and 1B.

UCF scored in the 7th on a solo HR.

The accounts on UCS differ as to the nature of the IPs - one said leaping and another said she wasn't maintaining contact with the rubber during her windup. Another post indicated she had a bunch called early in the SC game.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Florida scored the first run in the 3rd on a double and 2 IPs to different batters. There was also a dropped foul ball (E3) prior to the 2nd IP that would have ended the inning if caught.

FL scored the second run in the 4th on HBP, Sac and 1B.

UCF scored in the 7th on a solo HR.

The accounts on UCS differ as to the nature of the IPs - one said leaping and another said she wasn't maintaining contact with the rubber during her windup. Another post indicated she had a bunch called early in the SC game.

The UCF pitcher steps forward off the rubber before her motion... i.e. she was not pushing off the rubber/maintaining contact. I have seen her called for this before (she doesn't get called on it enough) earlier this season where there was a very visible gap as she started into her motion. I didn't see a leaping issue though I didn't see this game so can't talk to any specific call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish