Tyranny....and how it relates to softball and free speech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2012
LOL Dude - threads get shut down when the personal attacks begin, not when they go off topic - if that were the case, then most threads wouldn't last very long. Speaking of which, I need advice on what to have for lunch today.

I would go with Tuna and Wheat....very healthy and not controversial at all....don't forget to ask a moderators approval though....

Apr 11, 2012
You are nothing more than a troll trying to cause trouble. If you don't like the members or moderators here, why stick around? Go start your own website and forum so you can make up your own rules. Without moderators who volunteer their time to make this site one of the best for knowledge and immediate feedback it would crash and burn. Not to mention the forum would be filled with junk threads such as this.
:cool:

LOL....."troll"?....that's the best you can come up with?

Apr 11, 2012
You are nothing more than a troll trying to cause trouble. If you don't like the members or moderators here, why stick around? Go start your own website and forum so you can make up your own rules. Without moderators who volunteer their time to make this site one of the best for knowledge and immediate feedback it would crash and burn. Not to mention the forum would be filled with junk threads such as this.
:cool:

I read your post again....and you are so right, it's so wrong of me on every level to question anyone here who abuses their powers....thanks for straightening me out. BTW, what you posted was the most interesting thing on this forum in months, so thank you....

Apr 11, 2012
Tyranny or the more friendly term dictatorship. I prefer dictatorship in softball or any team sport with a HEAD coach. 1 Chief and many indians.

As far as free speech people forget that your right to free speech ends where my rights begin. Slander and defamation of character are punishable legal offenses. You cant hit the bully anymore but you can sting their wallet and pride.

....so what you are saying is that I could sue someone for slander and defamation of character for calling me a bad "name" here in this forum even though they can't see the comedy in my posts and are so irriated and blind to it that they make it a point to attack me personally? ....hmmmm, interesting....I would think being banned would be good enough for such an offense....but I like the way you think cowboy....and I'm all about the "getting into someone's wallet" idea.....

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I read your post again....and you are so right, it's so wrong of me on every level to question anyone here who abuses their powers....thanks for straightening me out. BTW, what you posted was the most interesting thing on this forum in months, so thank you....

Wow that hurts... I know your just passivising the good poster, but that can only be done with honesty too. Only way you could say that honestly is if you haven't seen any of mine. Pics, Video, I even took a shoot @ hitting analysis graphic.... :{(( I will thank you in writing though, in writing, because I have yet to use the thankz to pile on anyone... even the ones I..... lets just say don't appreciate... :{))

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2012
....so what you are saying is that I could sue someone for slander and defamation of character for calling me a bad "name" here in this forum even though they can't see the comedy in my posts and are so irriated and blind to it that they make it a point to attack me personally? ....hmmmm, interesting....I would think being banned would be good enough for such an offense....but I like the way you think cowboy....and I'm all about the "getting into someone's wallet" idea.....

In public settings yes but alas the courts haved ruled on such a niche as forums. The case has to begin in a public setting and be exacerbated in an online setting....not vice versa.

The only one whose free speech is protected in a forum is the one that originated the forum. This is their world and we just live in it. Meaning they can post and ban/delete what they chose no matter how we agree or disagree. They own all the rights by being the creator of said forum.

Not saying I agree or disagree-just stating that I choose to control what I can and shake off what I cant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd