Twitter blowing up about 7th grade rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
In the grand scheme of things, I think this is pretty easily ignored. My opinion is it's 99% useless, but if people want to spend their time and money on it.....have at it.
Agree. Just too many things to get worked up about in regards to the game.

May 20, 2015
Don't disagree about the mental health aspect. Is this any more pressure then not playing for the right team or going to the right camp because you have to been seen? This is just one more element when other elements get overlooked.

oh i don't disagree......but because the system is flawed doesn't mean we should add yet another flawed layer to it, i guess

Aug 6, 2013
7 v 7 , state all-star games and travel in football and AAU basketball.
I didn't think there was a lot of "travel" football out there. However, it seems a little more centralized with football rankings from what I've witnessed. TBH I don't pay attention to the rankings in any of them and if it is just AAU basketball then that's a shame. AAU basketball is damn expensive - much like softball, lol. I was a basketball player and never played AAU (too poor and too rural) but do remember being ranked in state when I was in high school which I know was based on stats kept at our games. I'm old - no idea where I was ranked but I was on a list, lol. I just think it's pretty sketch you also need a subscription to even SEE the rankings EI puts out..... it is all just a little too "extra" for us. Even when Haley was ranked we were just like - "oh, ok". Didn't mean much - I remember her asking where one of her friends was on the list that played for a different team. That friend was comparable in talent but wasn't anywhere to be found - that's when we realized it didn't mean too much. FYI I'm pretty sure Haley hit a 250+ ft bomb at IDT off an EI top rank pitcher last summer.......

Jun 27, 2021
I didn't think there was a lot of "travel" football out there. However, it seems a little more centralized with football rankings from what I've witnessed. TBH I don't pay attention to the rankings in any of them and if it is just AAU basketball then that's a shame. AAU basketball is damn expensive - much like softball, lol. I was a basketball player and never played AAU (too poor and too rural) but do remember being ranked in state when I was in high school which I know was based on stats kept at our games. I'm old - no idea where I was ranked but I was on a list, lol. I just think it's pretty sketch you also need a subscription to even SEE the rankings EI puts out..... it is all just a little too "extra" for us. Even when Haley was ranked we were just like - "oh, ok". Didn't mean much - I remember her asking where one of her friends was on the list that played for a different team. That friend was comparable in talent but wasn't anywhere to be found - that's when we realized it didn't mean too much. FYI I'm pretty sure Haley hit a 250+ ft bomb at IDT off an EI top rank pitcher last summer.......
Depending on where you live. I live in the south and you see iT with the younger kids in the summer and as they get older it goes more towards 7 v 7 passing.

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
I'm currently ranked #36, up from #43, on the list of the St. Louis metro region desk jockeys. Let me know if you would like to be nominated and I will enter your statistics into my very complicated ranking system.

For a small fee.

Who do we make the check out to?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut