TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Can you explain why what the pros demo is completely different -- often the exact opposite -- of what they do when they actually swing in a game?

They are different only in that when demoing they isolate the movements of the hands/arms without getting into a leveraged fyb hitting position.

Nov 16, 2017
They are different only in that when demoing they isolate the movements of the hands/arms without getting into a leveraged fyb hitting position.

I disagree. I can get into a leveraged fyb hitting position and still chop at the ball.

It is a feel vs real.

If I shoot a basketball and I think I am shooting it straight but it keeps going left, then I adjust and shoot it to the right even though that feels off. All of a sudden shooting to the right I start making them. Should I then tell everyone to shoot the ball to the right more than you think? Hey it worked for me. Players telling you things like straight down to the ball is just like shooting it to the right. It is a mental approach they use that produces a specific result even though what they are doing doesn't actually happen.

It is not smoke and mirrors. It is simply feel vs real.

May 12, 2016
I disagree. I can get into a leveraged fyb hitting position and still chop at the ball.

It is a feel vs real.

If I shoot a basketball and I think I am shooting it straight but it keeps going left, then I adjust and shoot it to the right even though that feels off. All of a sudden shooting to the right I start making them. Should I then tell everyone to shoot the ball to the right more than you think? Hey it worked for me. Players telling you things like straight down to the ball is just like shooting it to the right. It is a mental approach they use that produces a specific result even though what they are doing doesn't actually happen.

It is not smoke and mirrors. It is simply feel vs real.
If you can do it, post a video. Love to see you implement down to with all the components of a high level swing.

You are correct, it’s not smoke and mirrors, they are doing exactly what they say they are doing. You can see it every swing. Feel vs real is bs term people keep using because it doesn’t support what they believe happens in a swing. At the end of the day who am I going to listen to, Pujois, Trout, Cruz or somebody who thinks they know better than Best hitters in the game. There’s been enough videos posted on here that show the hands moving exactly how it’s demoed when implemented with all the moving parts.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Can you explain why what the pros demo is completely different -- often the exact opposite -- of what they do when they actually swing in a game?
Rabbit hole warning! Beware of folks who will tell you that the swings are the same. "The problem is that you don't see them properly."

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Rabbit hole warning! Beware of folks who will tell you that the swings are the same. The problem is that you don't see them properly.
Folks AKA, Pujois, Trout, Cruz, Freeman, Yelich, etc etc. And you are correct, the problem is you can't see them properly.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rabbit hole warning! Beware of folks who will tell you that the swings are the same. The problem is that you don't see them properly.

They are the same if you include the sequence within the movement pattern. The problem is when folks watch video and attempt to match video at a moment within the sequence and then convince everyone that they match.

pcYytuo.gif

xBMQtGf.gif

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
If you can do it, post a video. Love to see you implement down to with all the components of a high level swing.

You are correct, it’s not smoke and mirrors, they are doing exactly what they say they are doing. You can see it every swing. Feel vs real is bs term people keep using because it doesn’t support what they believe happens in a swing. At the end of the day who am I going to listen to, Pujois, Trout, Cruz or somebody who thinks they know better than Best hitters in the game. There’s been enough videos posted on here that show the hands moving exactly how it’s demoed when implemented with all the moving parts.

Video coming. Please address Donaldson, Ted Williams, JD Martinez

This video at 5:00 totally disputes your comment. And it is totally what I teach.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Video coming. Please address Donaldson, Ted Williams, JD Martinez

This video at 5:00 totally disputes your comment. And it is totally what I teach.

Can you elaborate? How does JD stating that he wants to get on plane early and stay on plane dispute whether we should listen to pros or "joes"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid