Tryout notice translator

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
My DD is changing teams next season too. Want me to make our DD's a "package deal"?

Had that last year. A pair of twins show up to my tryouts. One is miles better than the other. She got all of the athletic genes in the family. The other girl tried, but just didn't have it. Put them both at 2nd and hit a ground ball to the hole. One sister makes the play easily. The other didn't get a sniff of the ball. Dad tells me she's "faster" in the games because she can read the ball well. I had all I could do to keep from laughing at him. All I could do was give him an OOOOOKAaaayyy, if you say so.

Dad wants me to take the both of them. Package deal. I say the same thing that everyone else has. No. It wouldn't be right because the weaker twin would sit a lot of the time. She needed to be on a team that matched her ability. Following day the mom calls me up and says the better girl will play for me. I say great. Thinking things are looking up. The next morning the dad calls me up and says he found a "better situation" for his DD's. Translated: Someone lied to him and told him his weaker daughter would play all the time. Gotta love parents.

Sep 29, 2014
Saw this one and could not resist...I don't really know the organization but....my interpretation might be they have a solid infield!

We are seeking experienced players at the Pitcher, Catcher and Outfielder positions.
Prospective players are encouraged to participate in one or more sessions.

The XXXXX 18U team is comprised of ladies born in 1997, 1998 and 1999 - most are Class of 2016 or 2017.
If you are 16U eligible please consider a Tryout and playing "up".
Our ladies are from several towns in the area and are not a cliquey group.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Had that last year. A pair of twins show up to my tryouts. One is miles better than the other. She got all of the athletic genes in the family. The other girl tried, but just didn't have it. Put them both at 2nd and hit a ground ball to the hole. One sister makes the play easily. The other didn't get a sniff of the ball. Dad tells me she's "faster" in the games because she can read the ball well. I had all I could do to keep from laughing at him. All I could do was give him an OOOOOKAaaayyy, if you say so.

Dad wants me to take the both of them. Package deal. I say the same thing that everyone else has. No. It wouldn't be right because the weaker twin would sit a lot of the time. She needed to be on a team that matched her ability. Following day the mom calls me up and says the better girl will play for me. I say great. Thinking things are looking up. The next morning the dad calls me up and says he found a "better situation" for his DD's. Translated: Someone lied to him and told him his weaker daughter would play all the time. Gotta love parents.

Kudos to you!
A lot of coaches would have taken the better girl as a player and the weaker girl as a sponsor.
Sad thing is the parents would probably rather this than two different teams meeting their daughter's abilities and playing time needs.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How about reversing the trend and having a GA girl play for a MN team? With her future college teammates??

Big 10 schools have private "mac daddy" indoor practice facilities....I am guessing most TB team in MN do not! Plus the education I received on DFP tells me that y'all will not see the dirt until sometime around mid-April and we will already be 2 months into our TB season.....any other questions?

Sep 18, 2011
Big 10 schools have private "mac daddy" indoor practice facilities....I am guessing most TB team in MN do not! Plus the education I received on DFP tells me that y'all will not see the dirt until sometime around mid-April and we will already be 2 months into our TB season.....any other questions?

In the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Nov 18, 2013

Actually most TB programs here have indoor facilities or access to them so you may as well come up.

Jun 12, 2015
This year we played our first tournament in February. I hate hot weather but the longer season is a pretty good trade off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC