Trying to milk the clock.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I mean our fans all knew when the batter looks down at the hitting coach, takes the sign and then kneels down to untie and re tie her shoe. That was after they held a team meeting as we took the field with no warm ups. They talked for a awhile.

We always hustle, on and off. The faster you are the more playing time you conserve. It’s always hustle. We want more playing time.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I guess I should have mentioned, we were trying to get back up before the time expired (visitors). They were trying to stall.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD's team had a pool game a few weeks ago where they were on a rally back from being down 0-5 the whole game and were the visiting team. Get to 3-05 or 4-5 (I can't totally remember) and third out happens. Home team comes up. Only a handful of minutes left in the game. First out was quick. Second was a touch longer, but still time to get the Third out and start a new inning. On the way back to the dugout, both coach and hitter (2nd out) start chirping/yelling at the umpire. DD was playing 3B, mentioned hearing a F-bomb from the player. Hitter gets ejected. Coach decides to get his money's worth. Time expired, ballgame.

Hadn't experienced that one yet. Would they have gotten the 3rd out in time? Would they have completed the rally and then held the other team? Who knows. But, timed games aren't new anymore. At least this tournament allowed them to finish the inning and it wasn't a hard stop.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team had a pool game a few weeks ago where they were on a rally back from being down 0-5 the whole game and were the visiting team. Get to 3-05 or 4-5 (I can't totally remember) and third out happens. Home team comes up. Only a handful of minutes left in the game. First out was quick. Second was a touch longer, but still time to get the Third out and start a new inning. On the way back to the dugout, both coach and hitter (2nd out) start chirping/yelling at the umpire. DD was playing 3B, mentioned hearing a F-bomb from the player. Hitter gets ejected. Coach decides to get his money's worth. Time expired, ballgame.
Cannot say I have seen anybody use the Earl Weaver tactic of stalling before but I complement him on his ingenuity..

Jun 18, 2023
Learning how cutthroat this stuff can be. Even in 3rd/4th travel we've had drama twice with the clock through 8 games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles