Trying to help HE pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2017
I am the head coach of my DD's 10u rec team. We have three pitchers, including her. We drive an hour to see a Tincher instructor. DD is only 8 and throws harder than most of the older girls in our league. The other two take lessons locally. Their dads notice the difference in her release and the way she comes off the rubber. They talk about wrist snaps and elbow to the catcher to their girls. I don't give any instruction to the other girls, but when their dads, who help coach, talk to me about pitching, I just tell them to youtube "best college pitchers" and watch how many of them finish with their elbow to the catcher. Although I'm in no way a pitching coach, I would like to help a girl who isn't taking lessons and wants to pitch. Just get her going in the right direction.

Mar 6, 2018
I am the head coach of my DD's 10u rec team. We have three pitchers, including her. We drive an hour to see a Tincher instructor. DD is only 8 and throws harder than most of the older girls in our league. The other two take lessons locally. Their dads notice the difference in her release and the way she comes off the rubber. They talk about wrist snaps and elbow to the catcher to their girls. I don't give any instruction to the other girls, but when their dads, who help coach, talk to me about pitching, I just tell them to youtube "best college pitchers" and watch how many of them finish with their elbow to the catcher. Although I'm in no way a pitching coach, I would like to help a girl who isn't taking lessons and wants to pitch. Just get her going in the right direction.

Going thru the same stuff. When my dd loses accuracy they try to reinforce snap your wrist, finish on the powerline, snap earlier or later, etc etc and she would get worse. I see folks mention brushing on this thread. My Tincher coach says they do NOT want them brushing the side and finishing feet and shoulders on a 55 deg angle facing home (which i guess slightly more closed than open assuming open is both feet on powerline when finished). My DD isnt getting innings in rec ball due to the fact she doesnt do HE like everyone else.

Mar 6, 2018

Going thru the same stuff. When my dd loses accuracy they try to reinforce snap your wrist, finish on the powerline, snap earlier or later, etc etc and she would get worse. I see folks mention brushing on this thread. My Tincher coach says they do NOT want them brushing the side and finishing feet and shoulders on a 55 deg angle facing home (which i guess slightly more closed than open assuming open is both feet on powerline when finished). My DD isnt getting innings in rec ball due to the fact she doesnt do HE like everyone else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06