Travel ball check in thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2014
My daughter plays on an 8u team way in the beginning of a hopefully long career. I thought we were behind the ball only playing two tournaments so far. Then again, this is all new to me. My travel ball experience was a whole different world.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Well, the HS season ended last week. Earlier in the season I came to the conclusion that given the HS coach was lacking pitching for his two 16U summer TB teams, and given I wanted my three pitchers to have the best shot possible in the HS program, I disbanded my TB team and handed'em over to him. Well, at least the ones who were playing HS ball. Well, as the HS season neared an end, I concluded that one of my pitchers was going to have to live in the shadow of my other two who I had turned over. SO........ I'm putting together a mostly new team of 16U players for the main purpose of maximizing game-time pitching for my freshman pitching student. Another purpose for forming an almost new team is to help those who really want to play but who are not currently at a level where they are highly sought after. We're scheduling some of the weaker tournaments within a 3-hour drive radius.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
High school ball is still ongoing here. Have about 3-4 league games to still play due to the lousy Spring weather, then 1-3 state tourney games.

They have to be done by next weekend or they will be done, since Final Exams are the following week. There is no room for softball when preparing for Finals. School work & grades come first, especially for a high school junior , where this is the last full year of grades college admissions counselors will see on transcripts submitted in the Fall.

Apr 27, 2011
Indiana
12U "B" team here. 17 games into the season with 3 tourney's and some Friendlies. I did put us in a A/B tourney that was supposed to be split, got there only two "B" teams and got put into an A bracket. Got a lesson. :) Other than that, we have played awesome defense but hitting we are sorta down right now. One tourney gave up 8 runs over 5 games, tied one lost 2. Need to manufacture runs, so I am working on that. We play a big tourney this weekend and we have been working hard this week. I think we are ready. Here is to good seasons and lots of gray hairs. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp