Tournament ramblings, or how was your day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
85 degrees and sunny. 14u tournament

First game my dd pitched a gem, 2 hitter but somehow we lost 2-1.

second game we ran into a buzz saw and the better team won. Unfortunately that was not us. Due to some girls who were unable to play, we had a left handed shortstop, my dd, I thought those days were behind us.

Third game. My dd pitched another gem and got the win. Two things stood out

1. the umpiring was the worst I have seen since 10u. One completely blown call, one completely botched rule application and one completely missed call. One of them ended up favoring us, but the other 2 cost us 2 runs.

2. Toward the end of the game one of the other fathers mentioned that a D1 college coach was watching the first 2 innings (she had a triple in the first inning), had the gun on my dd. Then asked him what her name was, where she goes to school and what grade is she in.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Sweet! Cool for you that your dd performed with a college coach watching!

We had another 10 degrees on top of that, didnt feel too bad though. Suppose to be hotter tomorrow though. Our first two we mercy ruled. Third we lost, I think our girl got too complacent and they chipped away on us. Several 6-3s and 5-3s just a step too late. A few extra bb. Some dropped pitches at just the same time as steals. Girls being too picky on pitches and getting a few backwards ks. Opposing coach stalling and calling time to run the clock (though we shouldn't have been in a situation that matters). Ok as I am thinking about it, the most thing that is ticking me off is tomorrow... 100 degrees and the game times: game 1=8am, win that=2pm, win that=5:30, championship game=8pm..... Then drive 200 miles home.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD's team 3-0. It's 9.40am Sunday and I'm still at home.;) DD played Alabama ball yesterday with 3 HBP. All 3 from one pitcher, and she may have a new nickname from the team, BooBoo. She hadn't been HBP this year before seeing the wild thing.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
One of the girls on my dds team was hit on the elbow yesterday. Had a hard time moving that arm and it swelled up pretty bad. my wife (PT by training and profession) didn't like how it looked and advised they get it checked out. Thats the SS and #2 pitcher, so today might be a tough day for our team.

I have to work so I am not there.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It was only about 90’ here yesterday and a player on the other Team passed out. Never have seen that before. She is OK, just overheated. It is scary watching a kid just collapse.

Jun 3, 2010
Drove 200 miles Friday afternoon to get to the hotel , only to awaken Saturday morning to a text message saying the tournament was cancelled due to rain!! $70 gas, $109 room, $55 supper at Applebees, $13 breakfast at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and we never saw a pitch all weekend. The price of travel ball, gotta love it!!!!!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok. Done. Going home early. I have only seen dd otf at 12u, and that is 3 times total. We just had 3 hit otf against in one game!

Nov 14, 2011
Imagine if it were your kid...

I totally agree. Too scary. We had a girl that was playing against us on Saturday morning drop to her knees after getting a hit and running to first base. She ran through the base and came back and stood on the base. Next thing we knew she was on the ground almost out. Not a good thing to watch. It wasn't too hot at the time (about 85 deg).

For our team we lost every game in our ASA National qualifier. Our first game we got setup against the #1 seed. We never got on track offensively and your never going to win many games that way. My DD pitched 2 out of the 3 games we played and pitched decent in the first one and great in our last one. Didn't matter as we scored no runs in either game.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Drove 200 miles Friday afternoon to get to the hotel , only to awaken Saturday morning to a text message saying the tournament was cancelled due to rain!! $70 gas, $109 room, $55 supper at Applebees, $13 breakfast at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and we never saw a pitch all weekend. The price of travel ball, gotta love it!!!!!

I think Hoover's Dad had the worst of it. I'm glad DD's team keeps it around 75 miles or less until we venture to NC for the week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan