top 12u pitchers ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
CrazyDad, I meet a Granddad at a showcase tournament and he told me his granddaughter threw 68 mph, but when I told him I had my radar gun and I would clock her when she pitched. All of a sudden it became she didn't pitch but around 60 in a game.

Jan 31, 2011
It's hard to believe because I have never seen it.
I've heard folks talk about the illustrious 60 mph 12YO pitcher.
Then I go take a look and there is yet another big, intimidating LOOKING 12yo kid throwing 50-54 mph.

60mph is hard to hit for ANYONE let alone a 12YO.

My kid went to an elite pitching coach who had a radar in his cage with the mph up for all to see.
Many of the TOP pitchers in SO CAL go to this coach.
In the 2 years that we went there I saw 2-3 girls consistently hit speeds of 60+ mph. These were high school girls not 12YO kids.
These are some of the girls that go to this facility...
Nancy Bowling-pitching recruit to UofA
Royal pitcher way ahead of the curve » Ventura County Star

Ariana Erceg--Cal Berkley 2011 pitcher

Maddie Osias--recent 2012 Ole Miss recruit.
Madi Osias #5 2012 P Cruisers Lyn - YouTube

Michelle Floyd who is a recent UofA recruit was 6'2" tall as a freshman in high school.
Michelle Floyd - 2013 - Softball - Orange County, CA - SportsForce College Sports Recruiting Video - YouTube

Never once did I observe a 12YO hit 60 and I've seen a lot of kids go through that facility.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Look, you can quote whatever you want, but my pitcher last summer won the pitching velocity contest at the 12U A USSSA WS in Kansas CIty by hitting 60 mph. Sorry, if you have never seen it, but I guess you think I am lying. I went to the MSP website to cut and paste the skills competition winners, but its not there anymore. I'm not talking about any other kid. Period. I'm not saying that kids that hit 60 are by nature dominant. I know pitchers that age that throw in the mid 50s with great control, a great CU and a great pitch caller are very successful. I know all of that. BUt don't discount a kid that routinely throws a 60mph fastball as not possible.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
Look, you can quote whatever you want, but my pitcher last summer won the pitching velocity contest at the 12U A USSSA WS in Kansas CIty by hitting 60 mph. Sorry, if you have never seen it, but I guess you think I am lying. I went to the MSP website to cut and paste the skills competition winners, but its not there anymore. I'm not talking about any other kid. Period. I'm not saying that kids that hit 60 are by nature dominant. I know pitchers that age that throw in the mid 50s with great control, a great CU and a great pitch caller are very successful. I know all of that. BUt don't discount a kid that routinely throws a 60mph fastball as not possible.

you know some kids have a bunch of talent and never do anything with it? other's have talent and work very hard to become great pitchers? and then every once in a while an athlete comes around and when she's getting tired? she pushes herself to another level, because they only have one goal? and that goal is to be the best ever !!! and the sad part is.... everybody doughts her? tell your pitcher great job,all that hard work is paying off !!! and we are all waiting to watch her on t.v. someday...

Feb 27, 2011
SC
I recall a few years back, a girl from upstate SC that pitched for the 12U Little League in the National Championship on ESPN was throwing 60 according to the radar reading posted on the screen. Her mother was the volleyball coach at Clemson University. Other than that one instance, I don't know of any other 12U player that I have witnessed that is throwing 60. I attend a lot of Showcase tournaments and 60 mph is not all that common among 16 and 18U. I'm not from Missouri but you will have to "SHOW ME" all these 12U girls throwing 60. As someone stated earlier in their post "in his estimation" the girls were throwing near 60.

Again everyone is an expert, what is an expert? I dislike when self proclaimed experts say someone else cant possibly do what there DD cant do. Again please see my original reply to the 1st post ( I am tired of repeating myself). I am not an expert of anything, certainly not pitching, but again I will say there is another girl from the upstate of SC that has been clocked at 60+mph in a regional tournament in Tenn. few months ago. The above girl of whom you speech is also from this( upstate SC) area, she a a junior this year at a nearby high school, and has a scholarship to Stanford U( came in the local newspaper, for the doubting thomas's out there).

Aug 19, 2011
Remember the recent thread asking about correlation between size and speed? Anyone have any info on the size of these girls throwing 60mph? Just curious.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I have no idea what anyone else's kid throws. I barely have an idea of what mine throws. She was gunned once that I know of and it was by the grandpa of a girl who was pitching for an opposing team. But I have seen with my dd, and this same opposing pitcher the wild guesses people make of pitching speeds. Are their 12u girls who throw 60, I have no doubt in my mind that they are out there. Do I beleive it when someone says that a particular girl throws 60, I have my doubts.

My dd was in a tourney at age 12 where there was only girl who threw harder (from the eyeball test) I kept hearing about this kid who throws 60, and then I was hearing about the lefty who was probably throwing 58. It took a few times hearing about it when I realized who the 2 speed merchants were. My dd was the supposed 58 MPH lefty, and this other girl was the 60. Neither was over 55. I imagine it started like this. Wow that lefty can bring it, she throws harder then my girl who throws harder then this other girl who was gunned at 50, so my girl is at least 55, so that lefty must be 58 or so. Then they see this other girl and say, wow she is faster then this lefty so she must be hitting 60. Probably it all started with someone who either didn't know how to use a radar gun (like the video someone posted of the grandpa jumping toward the pitch while taking the reading) and everyone builds off of that one incorrect reading. Or people over judge just how much faster 2 MPH looks like. Either way people tend to not believe things that are passed along throught the grape vine.

If I had a dime for every guy who told me he was over 6 feet tall who wasn't I would have a lot of dimes.

Jan 25, 2011
I know I'am going to make you mad,but the proof just happened to removed.You could be right and I maybe wrong.But end the end all you ever hear is how this 12u girl throws 60,but no one ever has the proof,just like a rise ball rising,show us and then we will believe.

Oct 22, 2009

That's the first time I've seen that video! Awesome!
There is a PC around here that does that. He promises 5mph on your DD if you bring her to him, then Voila 5mph+. Parents love it! Then he tells him they have the potential for another 3-5mphs in the next few weeks.
So what you get is a kid who is throwing the same as other kids her age, but now the parents claim she is throwing 10mph faster.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
That's the first time I've seen that video! Awesome!
There is a PC around here that does that. He promises 5mph on your DD if you bring her to him, then Voila 5mph+. Parents love it! Then he tells him they have the potential for another 3-5mphs in the next few weeks.
So what you get is a kid who is throwing the same as other kids her age, but now the parents claim she is throwing 10mph faster.

That video still cracks me up...now I know where all those 12 u pitchers throwing 60 mph come from!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole