Took on an additional coach.... how would you handle this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hadn't thought about it in that sense. Our HS team has 3 - head with two assistants, one specifically for batting. They do have a pitching coach who has been in absentia this summer (out of state), so I failed to count him. Didn't mean to offend...

Nope, i wasn't offended. Just showing how we have multiple coaches and it works well.
Regards

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nope, i wasn't offended. Just showing how we have multiple coaches and it works well.
Regards

also, we have 1 new player joining our team this year. her father was a big time ball player, baseball/softball. he too was invited by the head coach to join the coaching staff. I'm excited to have his knowledge joining ours. Am i intimadated? Not at all. Again, its not about me, its about the players. Our pregame is already like poetry in motion, now with an extra coach, it'lll go quicker. With him, now i can spend more time focusing on my 2 jobs (roles) Working with the outfileders on D and the slappers/bunters for the O...

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
It's the head coaches call. The only time I'd get my shorts in a knot is if the new guy was teaching the kids to do things in a manner inconsistet with our program. Otherwise, welcome aboard. Now I don't have to carry so much crap to the dugout from the parking lot and maybe I can share out some responsibilities and focus more on what I have left to be more efficent and effective. I won't complain about having more time to watch the games because of division of labor and have more time for 1 on 1 work with those that need it thanks to the extra help.

Why are you carrying crap at all...players carry equipment, no??

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Most players have their own stuff to carry. I just use that wagon that I posted. Now, I am not carrying anything, just pulling the wagon.

Jun 13, 2010
If you can be a united front and work together GREAT more is better you can get TONS done in practice with 4 coaches .
I have done several teams with JUST ME. WAY too much work Embrace this it wont happen many times.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Tucc,

I carry my stuff I need to do my job. I carry the stuff that I bring to cover for the parents that don't do thiers. You make your kids shelp your gear around? They are players not sherpas.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
Tucc,

I carry my stuff I need to do my job. I carry the stuff that I bring to cover for the parents that don't do thiers. You make your kids shelp your gear around? They are players not sherpas.

no I carry my coaches bag(scorebook, lineup cards, etc)..players carry ball buckets, tees, first aid box, etc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves