Tom Royder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2012
So as mentioned in some other threads, I am very seriously looking for a PC for my daughter. I have met with or talked with a few people who have come recomended by others but havent liked the folks I have talked to yet. Doing more research I stumbled over the name : TOM ROYDER.

Apparently he is a PC and is a former assistant coach(pitching coach) at University of Oregon, University of Missouri and the University of New Mexico. His most recent D1 pupil signed with Stanford last year. On paper the dude looks pretty legit. Im going to call him tommorow and talk with him to get a feel for him and to see what his availablilty is like, what he recomends for a girl my dds age and of course see how many vital organs I will have to sell in order to have him instruct my dd.

So has anyone heard anything about this guy? I know he has some series of videos out, has anyone seen them?

Tom

So as mentioned in some other threads, I am very seriously looking for a PC for my daughter. I have met with or talked with a few people who have come recomended by others but havent liked the folks I have talked to yet. Doing more research I stumbled over the name : TOM ROYDER.

Apparently he is a PC and is a former assistant coach(pitching coach) at University of Oregon, University of Missouri and the University of New Mexico. His most recent D1 pupil signed with Stanford last year. On paper the dude looks pretty legit. Im going to call him tommorow and talk with him to get a feel for him and to see what his availablilty is like, what he recomends for a girl my dds age and of course see how many vital organs I will have to sell in order to have him instruct my dd.

So has anyone heard anything about this guy? I know he has some series of videos out, has anyone seen them?

He lives in Alb.N.M and has taught a lot of girls from Alb.Well qualified.Very good pitcher too!

May 11, 2012
Thanks for the input!

I talked with him on the phone today and I like what he had to say and think he very well could be a good fit for my dd. He works with another instructor who he spoke very highly of and as of right now, Im pretty sure I will be sending my dd to them this summer once rec ball is over with in a few weeks.

The resume certainly looks really impressive and he presents himself very well and lastly appears to be a good communicator, which in my opinion is a HUUUUUUUGE part of being a good coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207