time for new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
daughter is 15, she is 6' tall weights around 180..big and strong. last season she used a 33/23 stealth and had a pretty good season in hs and asa ( she hit 17 hrs and batted over .500 in around 60 games combined). should she go a little bigger 34/26 maybe? idk if i want to mess with her swing with a larger heavier bat though... i'm really leaning to getting her a miken freak though since she went trough 2 bats last year (not a fan of the 2 piece eastons). i know a lot of ppl like the xeno but i hate the way they sound..lol

6 foot = 34 inch bat
180 and strong = -9 at any rate, wuold work a -8 now in off season and be ready to go come spring.
nice bat for the money is Louisville H2 34/26, end loaded, yes its alum double wall barrel but it smacks the ball,
or cf5 - 8, or look at mens synergy slowpitch 34/26

find an old demarino evo or onyx 34/25, or 34/26.....kaboom

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
FWIW. DD works out at Seton Hall and the other day the SH team was practicing before DD's team. I saw the SH coach carrying a couple of Louisville One bats. I guess they are the Xeno improvement Louisville Slugger - The Slugger Story. The broken glass sound is gone and they hit very well from what I saw from the college girls swinging them.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
FWIW. DD works out at Seton Hall and the other day the SH team was practicing before DD's team. I saw the SH coach carrying a couple of Louisville One bats. I guess they are the Xeno improvement Louisville Slugger - The Slugger Story. The broken glass sound is gone and they hit very well from what I saw from the college girls swinging them.

DD's team also swinging Louisville bats this fall. Mostly Xeno's and OneX. Saw one of the new oneX's crack this weekend and another snap.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If she is strong enough to swing it, there are several HOT slow pitch bats that have an ASA stamp. What level ball does she play? What kind of pitching is she seeing? She may need two bats - one for up to 59MPH pitching and one for 60+MPH.

My DD swings a 33/23 Xeno, but when we run into a slower pitcher she uses a 33/34 Rocketech. The end loading slows down her swing just enough to allow her to make solid contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi