Time for a reality check on IR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Please stop facilitating a ME against Bill war.........The guys is great........Nice man.......GREAT coach........Plane and Simple.........

I'm sorry I said something, or poked a little fun, that prompted him to defend himself.......AGAIN.........We obviously aren't on the same page in that "respect"..........

I'm going to stop mentioning his name all together so this crap doesn't perpetuate.........Apparently every time I mention Bills name I've somehow attacked him........I HAVE NO DESIRE TO ATTACK BILL HILLHOUSE..........END OF SUBJECT..........

And Bill.......My Friend........PLEASE.........STOP ending every post with "so go ahead and bash me".........All it does it make people think "someone has bashed you"........When they haven't.......

And please, go read your private messages...........

SHEEESH...........

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Please stop facilitating a ME against Bill war.........The guys is great........Nice man.......GREAT coach........Plane and Simple.........

I'm sorry I said something, or poked a little fun, that prompted him to defend himself.......AGAIN.........We obviously aren't on the same page in that "respect"..........

I'm going to stop mentioning his name all together so this crap doesn't perpetuate.........Apparently every time I mention Bills name I've somehow attacked him........I HAVE NO DESIRE TO ATTACK BILL HILLHOUSE..........END OF SUBJECT..........

And Bill.......My Friend........PLEASE.........STOP ending every post with "so go ahead and bash me".........All it does it make people think "someone has bashed you"........When they haven't.......

And please, go read your private messages...........

SHEEESH...........

really? are you that oblivious to the passive aggressive BS you pulled in this latest little back and forth? I don't want to keep this going but man that was some serious self deception.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I'm use to Boardmember's personality.
I'm use to Bill's personality.
I wish they were use to each other's personalities.
However, one thing is for certain, when either one of them posts something, I'm reading it!

Dec 16, 2010
I'm use to Boardmember's personality.
I'm use to Bill's personality.
I wish they were use to each other's personalities.
However, one thing is for certain, when either one of them posts something, I'm reading it!

I hope neither of them waste time polishing their manners.

I want them to waste their time teaching us about pitching.

Dec 7, 2011
I do not believe it is anywhere close to being the Rosetta Stone of pitching.

I gotta admit I have been having mental blocks on why all the hype in DFP about this acronym "IR". This has been due to the fact that I have been around mostly pitchers that naturally adopted "whip" very early AND due to my just recently realizing that the root-cause badness of the acronym called "HE" is really just "pushing the ball" or "bowling". And then (my opinion BM seems to want pats on the back all the time for inventing this IR thing - sorry BM just keeping it real...)

BUT I will fight to be the first in line to pat BM on the back if this "IR teaching method" is in fact what has been the "connection point" for a PC to best translate the need for a young pitcher to graduate from bowling to whipping. I tend to believe (from the masses of disciples here to IR) that this IR interpretation method of whip has been very successful in graduating these young pitchers.

So assuming this IR teaching method IS having this much overall success on the masses => pat-pat-pat "way to go BM!"

And then I also consider myself lucky then too that I had to never be involved with "teaching" whip to the young pitchers I had the opportunity to coach.

Jan 18, 2011
I think DFP should arrange a face to face meeting between BM and BHH. Both of whom I greatly admire! I personally think they would be great friends afterwards and have full understanding of each other.

I know BHH has a hectic schedule and BM a business to run but, man, what a day of softball pitching knowledge that would be!!!

Geez, it could be an anonymous meeting of just those two. I just know sitting behind a keyboard cannot inject any type of feeling or emotion like a face to face can. This is why I'll use shoe leather express over emails at work when it comes to important details.

I just want both of them guys around here a long time.

I just don't understand why 2 people who teach and understand the EXACT same thing have any problems with one another. It seems as though BM has a problem with the term "elbow snap", (and I think I can remember the same problem with a guy who also used the elbow snap terminology who taught "forearm fire") - which by the way, was NOT IR.

Bill Hillhouse uses the term "elbow snap" to facilitate to his students the same pitching fundamentals that BM does. They both just use different terminology to convey the same message. BM's IR and Hillhouse's elbow snap are the SAME to me. That is how I understand it, and i'm sure that is how alot of others on this board interpret these terms.

Both of these guys have a tremendous understanding of the proper way to throw, and most importantly TEACH, the correct way to pitch a softball. BOTH are an integral part of why I visit this site- to learn the correct way to pitch a softball.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes