Time for a new bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
At my DD's practice on Sunday one of the girls was using a bat that was, well, used up! I have seen some beaten bats before but this one takes the grand prize. IMG_3236.jpgIMG_3237.jpgIMG_3238.jpg

The girl is an 18u player and she is a beast. When I say beast, I mean Bustos type of a beast. She absolutely punishes the ball. She told me that she has been through 5 bats last season alone. She either breaks a composite bat or smashes aluminum bats. She is tired of buying new bats so she uses her damaged bats for batting practice.

Disclaimer: This thread is by no means a "bash RockeTech" post. This is simply an OMG post!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, change her to a slow pitch bat. If the guys can't tear them up, neither can she. I wish I knew the models of the bats that my DD had in HS. One was a 2 piece blue demarini and the other was a green liquid plasma. They were beasts and would be about 8-10 years old now. (And cheap.)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What weight bat is she swinging? If she can swing that much bat, there are quite a few great SP bats to be had for decent prices.

Btw, if you remember before Bustos was a huge name, she was crushing with an original slowpitch Miken Freak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball