Thrown ball hits defensive coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
You need to remember this is 10u rec and just as instructional for the coaches as it is for the rec players. Everyone's trying to learn how the game is played. I appreciate that the umpire has patience for both the players and coaches at this age and level of play.

I was an idiot at that point, not that it ever changed.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
You need to remember this is 10u rec and just as instructional for the coaches as it is for the rec players. Everyone's trying to learn how the game is played. I appreciate that the umpire has patience for both the players and coaches at this age and level of play.

If they had been tossed (as they should have been) they would have learned real fast that you don't run onto the field yelling about a call during a live ball!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If they had been tossed (as they should have been) they would have learned real fast that you don't run onto the field yelling about a call during a live ball!

Taking into consideration that it is rec 10U and probably inexperienced coaches, I would lessen the blow and nicely tell the two coaches that one of them is ejected and that they have 15 seconds to decide which one of them it will be or they both will be ejected.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

Believe me you toss 2 coaches out of a game for being idiots the word will get around and you just "instructed" every coach in the league. Its one thing to come out after a play and argue a rule incorrectly. Its quite another to disrupt the game and distract the players and the umps while the play is going on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32