this is probably the only place

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Throw ball catch ball. Basic softball.
If you can't do the basics 😒
Bummer situation.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
I don't like seeing teams win/lose on errors, but flawless execution sure is part of the game. I fee bad of the OSU players. 99% of the time, they get it right only to have a bad meltdown at the worst time.

Jun 8, 2016
Hopefully is there are any pattar parents on OSU they were without any sort of object they could throw when that happened..(and yes before anybody says it I know most/all parents of kids at that level are not going to be pattar parents..)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Won the 2018 NC High School 3A State championship, we were ONE out away from winning it back-to-back in 2019. Our left fielder ran up & under a hard hit line drive that would have hit her in the head had she stayed still....seriously, she didn't have to take one step!

I watched it unfold and happen in disbelief, cleared the bases and we lost by one. I still lose sleep over it!
Those hard liners hit directly at you are one the hardest plays in the game.

May 20, 2015
not sure there's much the CF could have done......initial play is to back up RF, then the throw is cut and thrown behind the play to 2b immediately......not a lot of time to react

Apr 26, 2019
Throw ball catch ball. Basic softball.
If you can't do the basics 😒
Bummer situation.
Duke's #2 pitcher behind St. George, don't recall her name she is a senior transfer from Michigan State, absolutely cannot throw the ball to 1B.

DD and I watched Duke play UVA in Charlottesville recently. This young woman made an adventure of every overhand throw. She had at least one error probably more. A teenage girl, and her mom, sitting behind us were Duke fans who came up for the double header. The girl said this pitcher probably had 10 errors on the year throwing to first.

Jun 8, 2016
Duke's #2 pitcher behind St. George, don't recall her name she is a senior transfer from Michigan State, absolutely cannot throw the ball to 1B.

DD and I watched Duke play UVA in Charlottesville recently. This young woman made an adventure of every overhand throw. She had at least one error probably more. A teenage girl, and her mom, sitting behind us were Duke fans who came up for the double header. The girl said this pitcher probably had 10 errors on the year throwing to first.
There are MLB pitchers who have that issue which is obviously a mental problem vs not being able to throw OH in their case and could be in this young lady’s case as well.

Apr 26, 2019
There are MLB pitchers who have that issue which is obviously a mental problem vs not being able to throw OH in their case and could be in this young lady’s case as well.
Yes, most likely. My dad has a friend, they used to play golf together. They can't anymore. His friend can't, literally can't hit a golf ball anymore. There is nothing physically wrong with him.

He just can't mentally do it. His friend completely quit playing golf altogether because he could not hit a ball anymore.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, most likely. My dad has a friend, they used to play golf together. They can't anymore. His friend can't, literally can't hit a golf ball anymore. There is nothing physically wrong with him.

He just can't mentally do it. His friend completely quit playing golf altogether because he could not hit a ball anymore.
Yips..

Mar 4, 2015
New England
To the pitcher's credit, she struck out the next batter and retired 8 straight. I was pretty impressed with that given how devastating that misplay was. She had committed only one error all season before that, btw. It was a shame. But I'd go to go to battle w/ Kelly Maxwell any day of the week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1