This is probably Dumb but what am I missing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2014
I am trying to figure out how to get My DD to understand the role of the back leg. Shes getting closer "I think" But I am trying to figure a good way to get her to understand The pulling of the back leg down the line.

Is Her front side getting better to you guys or am I still missing something ??

n5sw2g.jpg

Jun 18, 2010
Back side isn't bad. Front side looks good. She is looking good overall. Don't get caught up in making changes daily. Show her images of model pitchers have her describe to you what she sees and how she feels pitching. This is a marathon. Celebrate her success so far. Once again lookin good!

Nov 7, 2014
The reason I asked was Because Is her rear foot on the side to much I mean I know finch and pauly are like that but is it a big problem or can it be left alone and it will disappear on its own

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
She's coming along nicely, D. You've become a good contributor here, too. Really appreciate that.

She's definitely doing some good things with her drive. Get her lean started prior to getting into the backswing. Her body should be moving forward, before her arm passes her side during the backswing.

Backside looks better... still needs to adduct both arms... ;)

Jun 18, 2010
Finch and Pauly are both pretty good ;).

Tell her to think about showing her laces on her drive foot toward the third base line. Dragging on the side of her big toe. Some say drive the back knee into the front, others say calf to calf, still others back toe to front instep. I personally focus on hip and shoulder angle at release and not leaving the backside behind.

Nov 7, 2014
She's coming along nicely, D. You've become a good contributor here, too. Really appreciate that.

She's definitely doing some good things with her drive. Get her lean started prior to getting into the backswing. Her body should be moving forward, before her arm passes her side during the backswing.

Yes she is starting to understand the Lean and the overlap.

I have asked her about the glove arm abduction and she tells me everytime she is Then I just Smile. I guess she means she is adducting the upper arm and just holding the bend at her elbow :)

But thank you Java :)

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Yes she is starting to understand the Lean and the overlap.

I have asked her about the glove arm abduction and she tells me everytime she is Then I just Smile. I guess she means she is adducting the upper arm and just holding the bend at her elbow :)

But thank you Java :)

Perhaps changing the cue/association will help. Should be working the elbows down and in... but in the event that is not working for her as a cue... try the wrists, hands... and wait!... I know... tell her to whack her thigh with her glove! ;) That ought turn this thread into a 20-pager... ;) lol

Nov 7, 2014
She used to "Whack her thigh with her glove" but when she started trying to firm up her front side she also firmed up her glove hand :(

Sep 10, 2013

JS

to adduct the glove side arm, should the glove also be pointing up @3 same way the pitching arm is @9?

TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd