Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying 2022 Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Listening to commentators repeat the same garbage that the coaches feed them game after game is like listening to a comedy album for the 50th time.

Yes I just dated myself.

May 18, 2019
I still don't get it, but I'll use it for another rant . . .

That is NOT what instant replay is for. If you have to go frame-by-frame to erase your pitcher getting rocked, that is bush league. Then, because it works for you, (because standing 2/3rds of the way down the baseline signaling safe when your runner was out by a mile didn't work) you want to try again for a ticky-tack non-existent obstruction call? :rolleyes:

Both replay reviews came out technically correct (one overturned and one upheld), but these were not attempts to fix egregious errors; they were fishing expeditions. While I tend to argue that replay should be all or nothing (review anything and everything or review nothing), fishing expeditions should not be allowable. No, I don't have a good fix for that beyond the same thing we do without replay: you have to convince me and I have to agree there is a good reason (not "you don't like the outcome") to go to the booth.
I had never thought of this until now but what about a ball or strike on the next batter for a failed challenge.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I would think they're required, but I still like the "old days" when rbi's was plural. Not rbi as plural.
I don't care about grammatical accuracy on this one. Nothing wrong with knocking in a couple of "ribbies".

May 18, 2019
Fair...I was thinking about the team but given the prevalence and importance of stats that wouldn't work. A step up could be a base runner that would count as an unearned run...or maybe the coach has to sing "killing me softly" to the crowd between innings.

Mar 22, 2010
Forgot which game I was watching on espn over the weekend but runner on 2b no out. Ball hit to SS who throws to 3b and gets the girl running across. All they could do was praise the defense for a heads up play but nobody was willing to criticize the runner for a terrible base running mistake...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying