The Rise is the Key

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
To throw a good rise you really have to focus on slicing through release with the pinky in an attempt to get under the ball with your fingers. The early initiation or slow developing rotation of the forearm through release will doom a rise ball. So, learning the rise teaches a girl to delay the initiation of rotation. It's this delay keeps the load on the forearm for a longer period of time and causes a much more "violent" turning action causing better spin and speed eventually. My hypothesis is that this is where MANY (not all) girls learn to refine their whip.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
To throw a good rise you really have to focus on slicing through release with the pinky in an attempt to get under the ball with your fingers. The early initiation or slow developing rotation of the forearm through release will doom a rise ball. So, learning the rise teaches a girl to delay the initiation of rotation. It's this delay keeps the load on the forearm for a longer period of time and causes a much more "violent" turning action causing better spin and speed eventually. My hypothesis is that this is where MANY (not all) girls learn to refine their whip.

I Practice Rise because I learned early on it helped me get a better whip. The reasons you stated are the same reasons I started practicing it. I figured it would help me stay loaded and help with a quicker snap. I started getting my dd to do it for the same reasons to get her to stop muscling, stay loaded, better snap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi